Do you like the new MEGA.co.nz introduced by Kim Dotcom?

• Yes

Votes: 181 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 239 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mah .. I think this "return" is due to its name ... if this new site will be called "LOGAN" did not calculate anyone ... we expect the new Megauplod where you can upload your files and you can earn .... Instead it's just another site cloud storage "to store and share files with friends ...................." (but who are we kidding? !) Surely everything is still in "beta", because there are problems accessing or uploading files, but these problems are fixed, the site will remain what it is, which is another iCloud, DropBox, GoogleDrive etc etc ... .

Afiliate Program is what makes warez sites 1000x better than torents. People do care what they upload on host servers otherwise they're gona fail to make money in long term.

Is it moral? F*ck you moral. It's piracy no matter if uploader is getting paid or not. Are your parents cash whores because they get paid for what they do?

Beside that.

In my opinion MEGA is just a huge bubble. All Dotcom does is protecting HIMSELF from responsibility from illegal materials. He still gives recording companies FULL ACCESS to user data. All they have to do is to sign that they're not gonna sue MEGA company. It puts full responsibility on uploaders.

This is not exactly what i expected from Dotcom. I was hoping for a new alternative to warez hostings which will give extra protection and profits for uploaders... not site owners.

By The Way.

For all of you who glorify Dotcom - better check out his background, becouse he is the one who betrayed CCC and THC hacking groups in the late 90's. He and got out with no scrach. He's a filthy snitch ready to sell your ass for a penny.

lol laughing out load on these newbie uploaders asking for rewards from EVERY host . if u really care about sharing stuff why not use free hosts

x2
If people can make some bucks out of sharing files, I'm cool with that, but demanding money for it as it were a mandatory public service is ridiculous.

Nobody is crying about it. I'm just saying I was expecting something like Megaupload - with afiliate program. You can't expect people to risk breaking the law by sharing copyrighted content voluntarily. It is not going to be successful unless it gives a share of it's profits to uploaders like other services does.

And yes, I mean "successful" in a very evil, illegal way. I am sorry mr. Lion, I'm a bad person.

Yet there is a hope for MEGA. :)
It has a great chance to become an alternative for a Dropbox. It seems to be good for storing large backup files and I might use it some day.

No sh*t Sherlock! [:|]

It is a boring cloud service, at least for now.

But I'm still hoping that it will become something more than that. SOON.

Wasn't it build on an idea of a service where an artist can sell his work directly to the public without any extra charges? Did Dotcom forget about this?

All the ideals presented on kim.com - what does it have in common with MEGA in a current form? I mean.. we can share whatever we want from Dropbox as well.

Where the f*ck is the Internet revolution we've been expecting? File encryption? Please...

This German Fat Guy must have something special in his sleeve.
He'd better have. :p

No sh*t Sherlock! [:|]

It is a boring cloud service, at least for now.

But I'm still hoping that it will become something more than that. SOON.

Wasn't it build on an idea of a service where an artist can sell his work directly to the public without any extra charges? Did Dotcom forget about this?

All the ideals presented on kim.com - what does it have in common with MEGA in a current form? I mean.. we can share whatever we want from Dropbox as well.

Where the f*ck is the Internet revolution we've been expecting? File encryption? Please...

This German Fat Guy must have something special in his sleeve.
He'd better have. :p

See, you must not be crying about it, as you said, but you're obviously drowned in histeria.
First, that artists project you're talking about is a different project. It's due to 6 months, it's written somewhere on the website - FAQ section I believe.

Secondly... making money out of warez easily would be what you call Internet Revolution?

Please, dude, you're embarrassing yourself with those silly statements.

You can't expect people to risk breaking the law by sharing copyrighted content voluntarily. It is not going to be successful unless it gives a share of it's profits to uploaders like other services does.

The real uploaders does, take the example of scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back