LinkFire.org - Custom Skin - Needs your review!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ LinkFire i know where you got the skin from there was no need to tell me its from completeGFX all i had to do was view source and wow the name of the skin then you copy that into google add vbulletin next to the name of the skin and you have who made the theme :) its quite simple the thing is you should be more unique in your skin picking thats all i was saying stop trying to rip or use other peoples ideas it gets you no where.

and @ the people saying software is the same as this, your wrong becuase companies like adobe make millions from there software by sell them to school/commerical companies etc... who cannot use pirated software. If you compare this to people who sell skins they make nothing comparing to companies who sell software.

@ LinkFire i know where you got the skin from there was no need to tell me its from completeGFX all i had to do was view source and wow the name of the skin then you copy that into google add vbulletin next to the name of the skin and you have who made the theme :) its quite simple the thing is you should be more unique in your skin picking thats all i was saying stop trying to rip or use other peoples ideas it gets you no where.

and @ the people saying software is the same as this, your wrong becuase companies like adobe make millions from there software by sell them to school/commerical companies etc... who cannot use pirated software. If you compare this to people who sell skins they make nothing comparing to companies who sell software.

just stfu u hypocrite .. u have a templates/script section on ur warez forum n ur giving out paid skins from exaltic,xtreme pixels etc there why are they different from ur friend xevert , theyr designers who do this for a living too

just stfu u hypocrite .. u have a templates/script section on ur warez forum n ur giving out paid skins from exaltic,xtreme pixels etc there why are they different from ur friend xevert , theyr designers who do this for a living too

Nice one bro, you just pwned him right there. Nice Job! I salute you for that.
Also if Xevert was being ripped, Scarface would take those skin and post it in his board if Xevert wasn't his friend.. He's just hating he had to pay for the skin, and not get it for free. He's just jealous that the person got it for free but he couldn't.

1. I was talking about my new skin :bloodlust: Learn to keep up with the conversations...its not hard to do, I promise.

2. Companies like Adobe make tons of money, so just because they do that means its okay to steal from them? The people selling the skins obviously don't make near as much because Adobe is a SOFTWARE company, that used smarts to create The most popular image editing software, which is now known world wide. 1 Skin will NEVER, make 1/1,000,000th of those profits. No matter how great it is.

1. I was talking about my new skin :bloodlust: Learn to keep up with the conversations...its not hard to do, I promise.

2. Companies like Adobe make tons of money, so just because they do that means its okay to steal from them? The people selling the skins obviously don't make near as much because Adobe is a SOFTWARE company, that used smarts to create The most popular image editing software, which is now known world wide. 1 Skin will NEVER, make 1/1,000,000th of those profits. No matter how great it is.

LinkFire i never looked at your site again after you used the "Sleekpassion" skin that was my mistake. The new theme looks good though nice job on the header logo now you need to setup your categories im guessing it wont take long 3.5/5 good job :)

To your second comment about software i used that example to show the people who said it how ridiculous there comparison was and i got my point across by looking at what you wrote.

@ eliteelio & RazerZoneX sites like exaltic,xtreme pixels make theme that are not unique its a 3 piece theme for example header/gradient/footer and thats the end of there work now if you look at Xevert he puts in tripple the amout of effort and detail in this themes i support anyone who makes custom themes that are not just like everyone elses. Weather i paid for Xeverts themes or not i support his work because he is unique and not like anyone else. By the way i never ripped any of those styles that are on the sites of exaltic,xtreme pixels etc... there all released on other forums. i support custom work and think it shouldnt be ripped regardless of the designer.

Hahahaha,
That skin was junk...it was a just a pre-made skin from completevb.
I am just testing around right now...
Hopefully I will be content with something soon.

I think we should just close this thread because I think more argument would just arise.

i agree :) +1

The new style i don't really like below is what should be changed imo.

Bad:
  • Green/blue/light blue don't match in my opinion
  • header doesn't match the skin (font and snowman)
  • Icons up the top are to big (maybe instead of 128x128 you can try 96x96 or lower 72x72 or 64x64)
  • You have 4 types of the colour blue on the site (try to limit to 2 types of blue will make the theme look more symmetric)
  • Status icons (try something better maybe not so plain maybe have an icon inside.
  • Some icons don't match (its a Work In Progress so i understand you will change it later im just pointing it out)
Good:
  • Domain Change
  • Top log-in
  • No adds/flash etc...
  • Category layout (easy to read nothing unnecessary)
Rating 5.5/10

Thanks for the review! Very, very helpful!

The icons, believe it or not are 75x75...I will shrink them though, I suppose they are very big.

Thanks again for your input, I will be using nearly all of it lol

The skin looks "incomplete". Someone who knows what vBulletin's default skin looks like can easily pick out the bits and pieces that were not changed. It seems "flat" to me.

Yeah, I am switching it around right now...
I need to figure something out...something that is simple, but clearly modified.

Yeah, I said that earlier...I am just trying to figure out what I like, and what everyone else thinks looks good before I spend the time coding. Right now the whole top is just one image. :p

iMack you should be a Super Mod IMO
Your on here most of the time.
Your very respected.
You have 1,436 Posts. DAMNNN!!!
If you become a Super Mod or Admin we won't see no more arguments and he will be active here. Cause I think you deserve it. It's up to the admins to make you a staff :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back