Kim Dotcom’s first TV interview: ‘I’m no piracy king’

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say its a great speech but Megaupload had more than 150 000 000 registrations and IMO not even 1 million of its users were there to use MU as place to backup and host own documents. =)

@Gavo +1 if he can fight this in New Zealand he has a fair battlefield to fight on and stands a chance of winning if he gets extradited to the US hes fucked

Im hoping he wins will make all the people against him look like ass holes but hes up alot

Great interview, I never knew big companies had a direct power on MU about deleting files, I always thought he was innocent but he is even more after that interview.

Great interview, I never knew big companies had a direct power on MU about deleting files, I always thought he was innocent but he is even more after that interview.

Most of the big file host companies do this. People working on behalf of the movie companies etc have direct access to servers to delete stuff - but it's links they delete, not the actual uploaded file.

Still, I don't know what else MegaUpload or any file host is supposed to do other than shut down. Dotcom is right - he was offering a service exactly the same as mediafire, rapidshare etc so it makes no sense to single him out.

There currently aren't any laws that make what he was doing illegal (as far as I'm aware). If there are laws against what he was doing then every other file sharing service needs to be shut down.

The whole spectacle of the raid with the FBI and their big guns was ridiculous too.

Americans are show offs and will always be! (I'm not talking about the normal citizens here) They always love to put their nose in everything..

After watching full interview I must say I'm impressed.

When MU got shut down, I honestly though that Kim won't stand a chance, however, I'm slowly changing my mind.

He provided a form for content owners to remove links that they thought are illegal voluntarily, so content owners never even asked for such "access".

He also said how Youtube and Google are in same boat as Megaupload, which is, well true and how even Google planned to launch it's filesharing site (I think name that was mentioned is "Drive").

Now remember, we're not talking about Filesonic here and some other filehosts which provided 50$ per 1K downloads or like 80% of sales. Sure Megaupload had reward program years ago but it was nothing like Filesonic's reward program etc.

If you remember Rapidshare also got sued not so long ago and they won the case, Rapidshare is EXACTLY like Megaupload, they also provided reward program and then shut it down.

This will probably drag a lot, but honestly, I think Megaupload can win this case.

Very good interview, now I am almost sure that Kim Dotcom will win this case.
And MonkeyDemul, thanks for the Youtube link. :D

USA log and store all traffic in/out of USA in data farms under the anti terrorism act.
I would think the Megaupload network caused huge volumes of traffic to be stored and would be part reason why America wanted to take the site out.

He must win!

If not Youtube,Google, and all others companys in the same Boat must close then.

Iam 100% sure that he will win this Fight.

Dont Care if he is in New Zealand or Usa,if people understand what he is saying.

He knows to make Buisness and all this Story is a Epic Fail from the FBI (Usa)

He was a easy Target but think about that he have enough money to win this and if he win this Fight this is then Really Terrible Fail from FBI!

All other Filehosters like FSC FS Wupload Oron and all others are angry Kids that think that they are in the Same Buisness Class like Megaupload,but they are not.

I hope some big FileHoster Company Owners see this Video and understand that they doing no illegal Buisness and open their Sites with the Features like Before!!!

i hope he can win... it would be a victory for the entire planet -MPAA

If one of his employee's / co workers doesn't f it all up in anyway..

Just finished watching an interview and i must say what an interview.. awesome..

Each and Every word Kim said is a million dollar word.

Why the hell youtube is still running...?

US Law has to be updated now.. They are still living in an old gold world..

Go Megaupload aka KIM Go and WIN the Race!!
...We are With You.. Your Supporters...

Long Live MegaUpload

enhancedbuzz26160132718.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back