How fast is your internet? (Indians Only)

How fast is your internet? (ONLY FOR INDIANS)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to stay in Kolkata, now shifted to Howrah.

Thats in kolkata man...

You mean 32 x 8 Kbps?

They have EDGE in Kolkata? Atleast their network is worse than Airtel.

yes 32 x 8 = 256 kbps

BTW see http://tatadocomo.com/gprs.aspx

200 MB day + 4 GB night at Rs 95.

You provide incorrect info always ;)

sorry but i m correct i m heavy docomo user thats y they give me special offers...
Oh cummon u knw these promos how they give u these offers...
Worst is aircel vodafone and airtel...

btw i am not paying anything (yup free) for 256 kbps internet for the last 3 months.

3 months ago, I had a problem, so a serviceman of the local internet came.
He used an account of his own for testing purpose., an account created by admin account which had Unlimited Usage, Unlimited Validity but also 256 kbps.
I was standing right behind his shoulder, and clearly saw the dumb pass.

After the month finished, I decided not to take internet from them and get a better high speed from BSNL or some other. But i didn't do it. :P

And I am still using that internet from that account, yet they do not know anything about it! XD

btw i am not paying anything (yup free) for 256 kbps internet for the last 3 months.

3 months ago, I had a problem, so a serviceman of the local internet came.
He used an account of his own for testing purpose., an account created by admin account which had Unlimited Usage, Unlimited Validity but also 256 kbps.
I was standing right behind his shoulder, and clearly saw the dumb pass.

After the month finished, I decided not to take internet from them and get a better high speed from BSNL or some other. But i didn't do it. :P

And I am still using that internet from that account, yet they do not know anything about it! XD

Alliance you mean?

BTW, does anyone know if Alliance has got any Fair Usage Policy?

I have asked them many times and everytime they told there is no fair usage policy.

737780683.png

i mostly do download so i have more than enough speed :D paying 599 btw....

Yeah, internet is poor in India compared to other countries because we don't have good infrastructure I guess. I have a 2 Mbit unmetered connection from MTNL Mumbai which actually costs Rs 3499 Per Month but I am getting it for Rs 999 , here's the whole story:

I had a 2 Mbit limited bandwidth plan , but decided to try out the 512 kbit unmetered plan as my usage was quite high. So went to the telephone exchange and submitted a form for the plan change. They changed the plan within 2 days to unmetered but forgot to lower the speed to 512 kbit. So I am enjoying 2 Mbit at the price of 512 kbit :D

Airtel's EDGE is worse in my area so I never get speeds above 16 kbit from my N96.

Also had a reliance connection in 2005, speeds were good and I always used to get a constant 115.2 kbit from my cdma phone. Price - Rs 15 Per Hour.

i have the 599 256 KBps unlimited download plan...i use IDM and get speeds of 250KBPS while downloading :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back