FileShoppe - With instant payouts! Not your typical file host

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
I think carrot is bad payment
First,I have not heard about it
second,as a new visitor who understand this pic mean

third,it need javascript support,when i use ie click google,nothing appear.
so, i use firefox,success login in my google account,how to pay it?
I think it is pretty straight forward. You just pick a login method, and then you pay. Obviously if you are only loggingin for the first time, you won't have any money, so you will need to top up, which you can do via Paypal.

The upload speed is so slow...Hope you could make it a bit faster. Just wonder how long the files can be kept in the server?
Currently there are two locations. HK and USA. Our HK server is likely to be considered slow to anyone NOT in HK and we would recommend our US based server for now. However, we are setting up additional servers in NL and Switzerland soon. Probably within a few weeks.

Regarding storage term, it is AT LEAST 60 days. If there is large capacity remaining in the server, we will not delete any files. If we are nearing capacity, we will first delete files INACTIVE for more than 60 days that are NOT attached to FTP uploader accounts. We will then delete inactive files belonging to FTP users, and of course we will remove any files with a valid DMCA take down request.

5% is a low fee lolz, are you crazy ? I think with you 20% is medium.
Why don't use webmoney instead with only 0,8% ?
Yes 5% is low considering the end users can fund their accounts with Paypal and Credit Card. I cannot even find the fees for Webmoney but it looks very difficult to actually top up.

Further more, Webmoney does not support split payments, which facilitate our 'Instant Payment' model, and I do not know what the minimum transaction fee is. Can web money support transactions of $0.001? What would the fee be? Also, Webmoney is not multi currency. You need a USD purse to pay for USD goods whereas Carrot will handle currency conversion.

Last edited:
I believe the normal cost of a file host subscription is around US$60 /year, which would mean the downloader would need to download over 600GB in order for their pricing to actually be cheaper. Not to mention, such subscriptions are a commitment to the service, which may be undesirable.

Your model of business is different and not comparable to (all ?) other hosters.
Just for example: a premium user can download 600GB in 15 days from Netload even with a rather slow connection (7Mbit), paying 0,4$ per day (monthly subscription), that is 6$ per 600GB or 1c per GB.
I don't think he would accept to pay ten times that amount only for not being committed to a service, maybe two or three times but not more. That's why I said that 2c per GB would be a competitive price.

That is A LOT of traffic. Certainly it is not something we would be doing, at least not any time soon.

FYI, at 1cent per GB, a normal file host would need to be able to buy bandwidth at less than $3.00 just to break even (probably closer to $1 or $2 if you take overhead into consideration).

If you imagine the average file is 500MB, and the file host claims to pay $40 /1000 downloads, 600GB in 2 weeks means 1,200 downloads. So where the downloader is paying $6.00 for those downloads, the file host needs to pay at least $42!

A net loss of $36!

It's no wonder there are so many claims of 'scams'.

We do not allow any illegal content. We of course follow the laws of Hong Kong, and any country of which we have mirroring servers.

i think ftp USA got a problem to upload.. its not working for me.. just working at HK only..

[SLIDE]http://snpr.cm/x5IcId.jpg[/SLIDE]

If you imagine the average file is 500MB, and the file host claims to pay $40 /1000 downloads, 600GB in 2 weeks means 1,200 downloads. So where the downloader is paying $6.00 for those downloads, the file host needs to pay at least $42!

Actually Netload has a basic revenue (lower rank) for uploaders of 0.5c per GB, that's half what they get from downloaders in nearly worst case scenario (user downloading 24h/24h with an "ordinary" speed connection), this seems sustainable for them because AFAIK they have always paid their bill.
However, as you said, this is not what you would like to do, so any comparision is not meaningfull.
I believe that your method of billing and paying is a sort of "revolution" in the file-hosting world.
I wish you good luck with your business.

Yes adult material is acceptable.

$0.05 /GB? How do they manage this? It has always illuded me how file hosts could actually make money unless their subscribers downloaded less than 50GB /month.

Thanks again for the cudos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back