Votes: 23 14.4%
  • SlingFile*

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 38 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how about megashares? anyone have any experienced with them? tried uploading with them few months ago when i was looking for a backup host and it gives a very slow speed using my rdp

megashares uploading sucks. FTP and zoom, I usually get 300 kbytes/s on a good day.

But on my Canadian based rdp, the speed is faster, usually 600 kbytes/s so it looks like their uploading servers are in the US.

But downloading is very fast and no problems there. Gets 20+ Mbyte/s per file to leaseweb NL rdp.

They never delete files if you are premium and I'm quite happy with their services.
The only drawback is that they only provide $10/month subscription, no more 90 or 180 days deals which used to be much cheaper.

Whops, I just checked their site and they now have 3 months deals.. happy days. Gonna have to switch my recurring.

Aww fuq!! 3months only payable by bitcoin!!!

Last edited:
re-tested megashares is so and so. not too bad not too good.

a) however can't find if they have hotlinking?? (from megashares to other hosts?? don't have premium too) and they have remote upload via custom uploader (java)

They are in business long time so it could be an option.

b) SeeingMole since u have premium &
when u have time can u check if via their desktop application (Whiskey) can you do remote upload from 1fichier more than 1 link at once ?? (using 1fich. prepaid download option)

Megashares - Drag. Drop. Yup. The first site to provide FREE file hosting with drag n drop support.

as in custom upload u have to add 1-by-1 the links

they added 3 month plan only via...bitcoin however their monthly price is not too high (9.95) to use service.

Last edited:
I don't understand what is Whiskey desktop app?

I always use zoom to upload and jdownloader to download.

But only I for megashares, I use ftp. Zoom seems to not be reliable for uploading to megashares and often the upload will fail.

whiskey is the called project developed officially by megashares for up/down and remote available for prem.members only

thought u have already tried it out (on beta stage)

Last edited:
ryushare deletes files after 90 days of inactivity for premium and 30 for free users.

Are you sure about that?
It's really frustrating these days to find a good host for backup if you've got lots of stuff...

Are there any other real alternatives except of Megashares and 1fichier?

Is there any other filemanager for 1fichier? Or is there pagenation fetaure of their file manager? I uploaded more than 50k files here. But I can not see my files because of browser freezing (because browser try to show my all files at the same time).

Netload is almost dead not reliable anymore.

@astalavistia No, i don't think so. You better would have moved your files in some Folders.

Still looking for Backup Alternatives... :/

Last edited:
Is netload an option? They store unlimited GB of files as long as the account is active. Someone tried it or has Premium there?

Your files won't be deleted with a Netload Premium Account. Only if you store more than 500 GB, your files will be deleted after 30 days without any downloads until you are lower than 500 GB.

Of course I'm fucking sure about ryushare and 90 days. Why the fuck would I write if I didn't know it for sure?

I've got files disappearing that's why I had to only store stuff I know there will be people downloading all the time. (such as erotica stuff)

Is netload an option? They store unlimited GB of files as long as the account is active. Someone tried it or has Premium there?

Your files won't be deleted with a Netload Premium Account. Only if you store more than 500 GB, your files will be deleted after 30 days without any downloads until you are lower than 500 GB.

Are you sure? According to theirs terms:
Users of these accounts can also upload files without restriction. There is no limit of space. Your files will not be deleted automatically. If after storing more than 500 GB on Netload, your account is inactive for more than 30 days, files will be deleted to bring your stored amount below the 500 GB limit.

Anyway, have Premium and tested?

On their Homepage they say this:

5FtNs.png

5FtWP.png

At the first Plan with unlimited storage files will be deleted after 60 days inactivity. But at the second and third plan with 6 and 8 TB files will never be deleted.
But the question is if this is true^^

Last edited:

Are you sure? According to theirs terms:
Users of these accounts can also upload files without restriction. There is no limit of space. Your files will not be deleted automatically. If after storing more than 500 GB on Netload, your account is inactive for more than 30 days, files will be deleted to bring your stored amount below the 500 GB limit.

Anyway, have Premium and tested?

Read here:
https://netload.in/index.php?id=86&category=55#Q71

Whats about Rapidgator?
6 or 8 Tb sounds acceptable for Backup. Do they keep the files really forever as long as you are Premium?

No, they delete files after 60 days of no activity with premium.

On their Homepage they say this:

5FtNs.png

5FtWP.png

At the first Plan with unlimited storage files will be deleted after 60 days inactivity. But at the second and third plan with 6 and 8 TB files will never be deleted.
But the question is if this is true^^

Yes @S4lv4t10n you are right. Your active/inactive files will never be deleted if you purchase 2nd and 3rd plan.

After hotfile has fallen, and I am left with 1fichier, more and more I start to think as VPS as back up. 70$/month at eqservers. Not bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back