Votes: 38 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
just check FF and saw this

Fair Use Policy

Effective Date: March 20, 2013
Introduction

At FileFactory.com we are committed to providing you with the best quality of service. To do this, we have to monitor our servers for the average amount of storage and bandwidth used per subscriber.
Excess bandwidth

If your download bandwidth usage is consistently in the top 1% of users over the course of a month, we may slow your download speed or restrict your downloads. We will contact you by email if you are affected by any restrictions. There is no limit on the outgoing bandwidth limit of files stored in your account. In other words, your hosted files can always be downloaded an unlimited number of times.
Excess storage space

While the amount of storage space for Premium users can go beyond 1TB, if this level is exceeded then files will automatically be removed as required in the following order:
Files which have never been downloaded which were uploaded more than 90 days ago; then:
Files which have never been downloaded which were uploaded more than 60 days ago; then:
Files which have not been downloaded in the past 60 days beginning with the oldest last downloaded date;
until the amount of storage is less than 1TB.

bad news, but .......not a big surprise as some support staff responded that soon they 'll also apply storage-limits. They changed it last night as many were abusing service from rs.

We already knew that FF wasn't a safe choice in the long-term only for short-term to keep files as backup there. Now they also have their storage limits to control the usage.

can someone explain me why nowadays people need unlimited and long term storage for their files? Its for backup warez files in the case that they are deleted?

The problem is not the deletion of warez files, but the life of new file hosts, they open and close their site in few months and you need always an online backup if you don't have a good upload speed.

Backblaze 2.0
$50 per year
Backblaze has two very strong suits: unlimited storage per PC, and continuous backup monitoring, making it a good hands-off choice.

Carbonite
$59 per year
Carbonite is a mature online backup service, and it's one of the few still offering an unlimited storage plan.

CrashPlan 3.0
$50 per year
CrashPlan offers unique capabilities, like multiple backup sets and backing up to friends' computers. Unlimited storage in the $50-a-year plan, the ability to back up attached devices, and multiplatform compatibility.

bitshare, even though they say they keep files forever for premium, that's not the case.

Files will expire after 90 days of inactivity even for premium users.

Backblaze 2.0

Backblaze is not designed as an additional storage system when you run out of space. So, please don’t try to upload your external hard drive to us and delete your data off your drive…or we will delete those files from our servers as well.

If the drive is detached for more than 30 days, Backblaze interprets this as data that has been permanently deleted and securely deletes the copy from the Backblaze datacenter.
Carbonite
Can I use Carbonite to free up space on my hard drive?

No. Carbonite is online backup – not online storage. It is meant to be a backup of the files that are on your computer – not a place to store files in order to free up space on your hard drive. If you remove any file from your hard drive, we wait 30 days for you to recover it, and then we delete that file from our servers, too.

CrashPlan doesn't delete your data but is very slow about 300-500 KB/s :/

Livedrive Pro Suite is good option for backup:

+ 5TB of cloud storage space
+ $7.95 per additional TB
+ ftp/sftp access

Speed from EU and US hosts 2-5MB/s

Last edited:
CrashPlan 3.0
$50 per year
CrashPlan offers unique capabilities, like multiple backup sets and backing up to friends' computers. Unlimited storage in the $50-a-year plan, the ability to back up attached devices, and multiplatform compatibility.

CrashPlan is designed as a data redundancy service, not an archival service. We don't recommend using CrashPlan as an archival service because deselecting files that are no longer present or changing settings related to deleted data could purge files without warning. These settings, by default, won't remove your data. However, any changes made later could cause this data to be removed almost immediately. To ensure the safety and integrity of your data, you always want to have the data on the source machine as well as the destination. Having multiple destinations is a good idea as well.

in my opinion livedrive if perfect for that price

I went through like 500 hosts and these ones are saying they are unlimited... but... there is always some kind of limit...

ddlstorage.com
file4safe.com
filebox.com
filejungle.com
filepost.com
filesega.com
filesend.net
fileserve.com
filestay.com
free-uploading.com
hulkfile.com
luckyshare.net
lumfile.com
megashares.com
myvdrive.com
potload.com
prefiles.com
putlocker.com
ryushare.com
sharefiles.co
slingfile.com
speedyshare.com
upfile.biz
uploadic.com
uploadstation.com
uptobox.com
verzend.be
vidhog.com

hosts I can't find complete info about

1fichier.com
247upload.com
2shared.com
4savefile.com
4up.me
amonshare.com
batshare.com
bayfiles.com
bezvadata.cz
bitupload.com
burnupload.com
clouds.to
cobrashare.sk
cyberlocker.ch
czshare.com
daj.to
data.hu
dataport.cz
downloadani.me
edisk.cz
egofiles.com
euroshare.eu
extmatrix.com
fastshare.cz
fileflyer.com
filefolks.com
filegag.com
filemonster.net
fileshare.in.ua
filesmonster.com
filestore.com.ua
flyfiles.net
gettyfile.ru
gigaup.fr
hellupload.com
hipfile.com
hitfile.net
hotfile.com
isavelink.com
justcloud.com
movshare.net
narod.yandex.ru
netkups.com
nosupload.com
novafile.com
nowdownload.eu
nutfile.com
qshare.com
quickupload.net
rapidgator.net
secureupload.eu
share76.com
sharebeast.com
sinhro.net
sockshare.com
solidfiles.com
speedshare.org
stahuj.to
tufiles.ru
uload.to
upafile.com
uploadbaz.com
upnito.sk
usaupload.net
vreer.com
wikiupload.com
yunfile.com
zomgupload.com

Last edited:
Yes, i am testing Bitcasa at the moment,only a free 10gb account
but you can get a unlimited for 69$/year.

Work good so far,there is no funktion for remoteupload but
remote to other hoster works. thats enough for me.

Maybe their location in the USA is problem for somebody.

Advantages of Premium Accounts
Users with premium accounts can download without restrictions. There is no limit to the download volume.

Users of these accounts can also upload files without restriction. There is no limit of space. Your files will not be deleted automatically. If after storing more than 500 GB on Netload, your account is inactive for more than 30 days, files will be deleted to bring your stored amount below the 500 GB limit.

Also, netload insist in scanning all rar and zip archives for banned names or file types.

They will reject anything containing .mp4 or .m4a .m4v

Which makes them useless for me since many of my files are .mp4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back