Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone fails to read the news. What Megaupload did was REAL COPYRIGHT breaking. + they are accused for racketeering. If one link gets deleted, file stayed physically on their servers. Using their Megaupload uploading tool, no physical upload was done if exact same file was in question,with same md5 hash, you would get download link immediately. THAT WAS THE MAJOR ISSUE, among everything. And they rarely deleted DMCA files at all. So they didn't really put an effort in doing that part properly. And when did you heard that anyone got banned from Megaupload because of DMCA?

MegaUpload Dangerous Secrets affect YOU, Mike Mozart JeepersMedia ACTA / PIPA / SOPA

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tD1yaE0GfQ&hd=1[/ame]

What will come after they work through the file hosts. That is the next big question mark because we all know paid file hosting is dying fast.

Will they go after RL and SBorg providers or auto/multi-poster coders as a infringing distribution facilitator.

I am thinking RL and sBorg myself, then the bot coders.

Then the MPAA and RIAA or the local similar organization on their behalf will start sending out demand letters for settlement to everyone they could prove received money for uploads and to web hosts advertising on warez and warez related sites for them not to take you to court. They will do that where ever the laws will allow it which will scare the crap out of most of the people and the warez scene will get small with low profitability.

That is how the DBS companies slowed satellite piracy to a very slow crawl in that scene in North America. Which was huge for about 10 or 12 years until this started and they stepped up their information gathering and coder arrests/prosecutions. It all started with 1 server seizure and co-operation from PayPal and the CC companies, some dumbass was running the largest paid satellite piracy site on a server in Houston, TX claiming to be offshore and untouchable by US authorities.

I am beginning to see similarities between that enforcement action and this 1, either way get ready for a bumpy ride people.

What will come after they work through the file hosts. That is the next big question mark because we all know paid file hosting is dying fast.

Will they go after RL and SBorg providers or auto/multi-poster coders as a infringing distribution facilitator.

I am thinking RL and sBorg myself, then the bot coders.

Then the MPAA and RIAA or the local similar organization on their behalf will start sending out demand letters for settlement to everyone they could prove received money for uploads and to web hosts advertising on warez and warez related sites for them not to take you to court. They will do that where ever the laws will allow it which will scare the crap out of most of the people and the warez scene will get small with low profitability.

That is how the DBS companies slowed satellite piracy to a very slow crawl in that scene in North America. Which was huge for about 10 or 12 years until this started and they stepped up their information gathering and coder arrests/prosecutions. It all started with 1 server seizure and co-operation from PayPal and the CC companies, some dumbass was running the largest paid satellite piracy site on a server in Houston, TX claiming to be offshore and untouchable by US authorities.

I am beginning to see similarities between that enforcement action and this 1, either way get ready for a bumpy ride people.

Keep on dreaming.

They are looking at bigger picture here. Wasting time with individuals is nothing but waste of money, and well yeah, time.

They are smart, killing filehosts is pricey enough but will do the job. Then, they are going to continue same old way, busting groups and again bitching on torrents.

Kill filehosts and all scripts, RL, sBorg, multiposters will become useless. You start eliminating at bottom, at root of the problem and rest will simply fall apart, not the opposite.

That PayPal financial paper trail is evidence. Read my post on the page before this one. CC companies and PayPal are US based even if your bank is not US Gov can get the records with ease.

Hahah, so it's Paypal's fault too?

Alright, let's do it like this then.

You already shut down Megaupload, well done. Now go and sue Paypal and other payment processors because they were involved and of course don't forget to sue their webhost for providing dedicated servers... But just to be sure, I'd also make sure that every single developer and designer who was involved get sued too.

Silly, just silly USA gov...

What people do not understand is Megaupload dug themselves a 20ft grave they could not get out off & got shut down. About 2 months ago when they added Celebs pimping there site & releasing that lame ass song then having it removed by UMG & suing UMG did it. UMG did not like being sued so they got a hold of the FBI maybe even payed them off to find any reason to get Megaupload shut down. The is really no reason for the US to go after any other file host no other file host has done anything to piss off any big US ORG like Megaupload pissed off UMG. If you are rich enough here in the US you can pay off congress men & the FBI to get shit done

When you can not go somewhere to get what you want you get it where you can.

It is how they do things, they learned from other operations, they did their research found the jurisdictional weakness and exploited it to their ends.

The FBI and DoJ knew of and watched the MU US servers for almost 2 years and went to a closed grand jury had everything sealed until they were ready to act. They planned it out enough in advance they had coordinated the activity with another countries Justice system. I think I read something on Gizmodo that said they submitted internal email from MU staff to the Grand Jury proving knowledge of and lack of action of DMCA violation issues. I would be very surprised if they have the next take downs already planned.

They have MU servers and logs, probably the user management system also. They have specific information about all financial accounts for MU, Sponsors, Sponsorships, and Payees.

They will seize PayPal accounts and use the records PayPal is required to keep by law to build strong cases and if possible extradite foreign nationals to stand trial in the US.

They also have Most of the common major credit card companies under their thumbs and will squeeze information from them to strengthen their cases.

The studios and distributors help finance these operations and write it off on corporate taxes. Then when the government is done with the criminal trials the studios and distributors get the data and decide if they want to try end user civil actions. In some DMCA cases the plaintiffs actually reviewed cases and contacted potential civil suit defendants with demand letters wanting a settlement of thousands of dollars, admission of guilt (to make their extortion legal), and a signed contract the potential defendant would not participate in further copyright infringement or face further voluntary forfeitures so they would not be taken to court.

Yes many people have taken this option to keep from spending tens of thousands of dollar in legal fees as it drags out for years in court until it bankrupts people.

People got sued for millions and basically into submission over a few songs on p2p or uploaded in the past without real admission of criminal action.

I am not saying it is right or good but that it happens and it like it is going to happen within the warez community.

And it is not a Dream, all the information in this post can be found on the net if you look hard enough for it. Sorry I did not have the time or energy to compile a source list but you can Google it like I did.

This is a nightmare and could be a reality in the matter of a very short time now that the first domino has fallen.

And yes the lawsuit against UMG sealed MU's fate in my opinion also.

My last post should have gone up sooner but it was like giving birth to an elephant. Damn I need a drink and a sandwich after that, maybe a nap.

Everything you said is true. But that's not how things work.

Can you even imagine how many issues will they face on way to bring even some big affiliates to justice? Checking banks, then finding those people, bringing them to USA, covering all fees. It will take years and lot of money to do that. And will it be worth in end to "return" like 5% of total damage they caused?

Just use common sense, it's much important to focus on bigger fish, track it, sue it and get over with. They just got some % of cash from MU.

Sure, there are some big earners who earned like 20-50K or more and that may cover it, but what about busting others who earned like 100? In end, they will be on loss, financial loss. And it's not like they can do it in 1 week, it will take, like I said years, and by then, who knows what will pop up.

Same happened with Hotfile, they even announced how they are after 100 highest earners and guess what? Did even those 100 got busted? Noup.

So yes, you are right, but it's not like it's going to be cheap to do that nor to take few months. So, stop over-exaggerating, warez isn't going anywhere (y)

MegaUpload Kim Dotcom Updates

Kim Schmitz Date of Birth Jan 21, 1974 Country Germany

Kim Dotcom AKA Kim Schmitz NET Worth

How much does Kim Dotcom make?

US $200,000 Million

Kim Dotcom, also known as Kim Schmitz, is an internet entrepreneur and most notably the founder of Megaupload.com with a net worth of $200 million. Born in Kiel, German in 1974, Kim Dotcom/Kim Schmitz has had a fascinating roller coaster career as a multi-millionaire internet CEO. Kim has experienced some extreme highs and some extreme lows including a conviction for tax evasion.

He is currently facing a potential 55 year prison sentence for operating Megaupload.com. Megaupload has allegedly cost the entertainment industry over $500 million in damages from pirated content being uploaded and shared through the site. If convicted, not only could he spend decades behind bars, but he may also be forced to hand over $175 million in ill-gotten profits.

kim-dotcom-schmitz-300x225.jpg

Kim Dotcom Schmitz Net Worth

Before his arrest, Dotcom/Schmitz lived a life that any man on earth would envy. He owned a fleet of expensive high performance cars, yachts, private jets and one of the most expensive houses in New Zealand that cost a reported $25 million house. He traveled the world with Playboy bunnies and drove around in a Lamborghini that had the license plate GOD.

When he was arrested on January 19th, 2012, authorities seized $5 million worth of luxury cars, including a Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe with a price tag of $400,000.

Megaupload.com has 180 million registered users and allowed Kim to earn over $40 million in 2011 alone. Schmitz is reportedly 6 foot 7 and weighs over 330 pounds. of Kim Dotcoms insanely luxurious lifestyle, your mind will be blown.

kim-schmitz-house.jpg

Kim Schmitz's $25 Million House

kim-schmitz-house-2.jpg

Kim Schmitz Mansion

Megaupload Founder Held in Custody

The founder of file sharing website Megaupload arrives at a New Zealand court on Monday for a bail hearing. Kim Dotcom denies the charges of internet piracy and money laundering, and says authorities are trying to portray him unfairly as a villain. Prosecutors say that Dotcom, a German national also known as Kim Schmitz, is a flight risk because it's believed he has access to large sums of money, uses multiple identities and has a history of fleeing criminal charges.

Megaupload Founder Refused Bail

A New Zealand court has refused bail for Megaupload founder, Kim Dotcom, after the judge worried Dotcom could flee NZ, saying the suspected Internet pirate posed a significant flight risk.

MegaUpload Founder's Lavish Lifestyle Interrupted by Arrest

Kim Dotcom is under arrest in New Zealand for alleged money laundering, racketeering and breach of copyright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back