Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, but... :(

5392f8e06d.png

I think it's important that we not (just) lament the loss of MegaUpload.

I haven't read all the comments made, but as at least a few people have noted: THIS IS THE BEGINNING, NOT THE END!

This event should be viewed in much the same light as recent SOPA bullshit in the U.S.A. (and anyone who isn't recognizing the clear relationship between the two should be ashamed of themselves).

While I haven't researched the non-legal aspects/implications of all this yet; I'm hoping that when MegaUpload beats this egregious overstepping by the USA/FBI MegaUpload will bring our accounts' content back with it (I know we were all told that as no system is perfect MegaUpload shouldn't be used as a sole backup, but still in the course of life I have a great deal of personal, non-copyright-infringing material on their servers that I now can't access).

Quite frankly, I haven't found any reasonable legal rational behind the actions so far...unless something surprising happens I can see MegaUpload having a decent case against some of these organizations once all this is over.

I still wonder how they apprehended those guys from other countries..specially when the company was Hong Kong registered..& Germany/Netherland Server known for warez safe.I am afraid, in coming future they might start screwing all web-host which allow warez linking.
Anyways,
For those who wish same for Filesonic..
March 2011
FileSonic Deploys Vobile Content Identification Technology to Combat Copyright Infringement
Dec 2011
Filesonic Teams Up with Vobile to Protect Copyrighted Digital Content
http://www.filesonic.com/in-the-press

We also call it Digital Finger Print.

So keep wishing & forget it !

I still wonder how they apprehended those guys from other countries..specially when the company was Hong Kong registered..& Germany/Netherland Server known for warez safe.I am afraid, in coming future they might start screwing all web-host which allow warez linking.
Anyways,
For those who wish same for Filesonic..
March 2011
Dec 2011
http://www.filesonic.com/in-the-press

We also call it Digital Finger Print.

So keep wishing & forget it !

60 servers in Virginia, USA! VPS etc in USA not cool for transferring warez either I guess.

Last edited:
Lol.. filesonic is shit. They earned huge money on warez and now they actually "fight" against sharing of copyrighted content. They think that's clever way to clean their dirty asses if bad times come (I mean similar like this megaupload situation).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back