Status
Not open for further replies.

Exel

I see a lot of people here asking simple questions with relatively simple answers, and people offer to help, but request money for it. So.. here I am, I'm not the best coder in the world, but I know my way around vBulletin, so I'm here to offer my services. I can help modify skins, fix issues, find mods, etc. All I ask of you is a thanks, donations are always nice but not required.

So, as long as you give me a detailed description of what you want, with proper info, I'm here to help. :) <3

Hopefully some people can vouch for me if you're scared I'm going to take over your site. >.> I've been a member here for a while now and would like to give back to the community.

tWSla6L.png

Last edited by a moderator:
158 comments
Hello Sir,

I'm having problems with my keywords metatags in showthread:

Exp: These are mines they are generated only from thread tags

NWe0c.png

I want to change them to extended one generated from thread relevant words like these :

IPi13.png

BTW i'm using vbseo 3.6.0 and auto tagger plugin

So you want it to grab keywords from the thread as well?

I want a mod to restrict posting of direct links by members before they reach a specific post count, say 5.

Note: It shall however allow the posting of links in [*code][/*code]. Most of the mods I found there work such that it wont allow posting of links even in coded format

Hey mate , actually am getting tons of database errors with my site ie crackedsoftwares.com , some of the tables are crashed but when i repair them , the servers gets over load , its the server of 16GB RAM with Xeon processor :| still am surprised that how it gets overloaded , anyways is there any ways to convert my 19GB MyISAM Database to InnoDB ? i guess innoDB is fast enough and takes less resource .

Also my site search is creating problems because of that database problem , so is there any alternate for the faster and better search .

Regards

I know there's mods that automatically code links.
I can't remember the .php file that you have to edit.
But I think you can maybe add a conditional statement in there.
Sumfin like..
if (is_member_of($vbulletin->userinfo, USERGROUP OF RESTRICTED MEMBER))

But, I'll look into it when I get home. :)

Something like this;

In functions_newpost.php

Find:
$urlReplaceArray = array(
"[url*]\\2\\4[/url*]"
);
Replace with:
if (is_member_of($vbulletin->userinfo, 2))
"[code*]\\2\\4[/code*]"
);
else
"[url*]\\2\\4[/url*]"
);

Without the *

Last edited:
I dont want a mod to automatically code links. I wan a mod which wont allow users to post direct links before a certain post count.

I dont want a mod to automatically code links. I wan a mod which wont allow users to post direct links before a certain post count.

I think one of the Cyb mods does this, I think it's either Cyb Advanced Forum Registrations or Cyb Advanced Users (or something similar) I had it installed on my forum and it will prevent users in a certain usergroup from posting links be they coded or not.

JGM.

I think one of the Cyb mods does this, I think it's either Cyb Advanced Forum Registrations or Cyb Advanced Users (or something similar) I had it installed on my forum and it will prevent users in a certain usergroup from posting links be they coded or not.

JGM.

But he only wants to restrict non coded links I believe, that's why I suggested the edit.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

JGM, That would be the Cyb - Advanced Permissions Based on Post Count plugin.

That's the bugger! I couldn't for the life of me remember its name!

@ Exel - The only possible way I can think of would be to modify the above mentioned hack to get it to recognise the difference between coded and uncoded links (code/url tags) and have 2 different options within the hack settings in the AdminCP.

Trying to get my head round the edit you mentioned but it's been a while since I did anything with vBulletin now :P

JGM.

That's the bugger! I couldn't for the life of me remember its name!

@ Exel - The only possible way I can think of would be to modify the above mentioned hack to get it to recognise the difference between coded and uncoded links (code/url tags) and have 2 different options within the hack settings in the AdminCP.

Trying to get my head round the edit you mentioned but it's been a while since I did anything with vBulletin now :P

JGM.

True, that could be another possible solution. :p

The edit I mentioned simply checks if the usergroup is '2' and if it is, it'll code the links automatically, making there be no live links for the usergroup '2'

Replied to.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

I want a mod to restrict posting of direct links by members before they reach a specific post count, say 5.

Note: It shall however allow the posting of links in [*code][/*code]. Most of the mods I found there work such that it wont allow posting of links even in coded format

Well, I made a product for it.

Xc37r.png

mIvSU.png

QWElF.png

As you can see, coded links work just fine;

lXGQ9.png

I'll release it on my site soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back