Does anyone have any news on Stablelayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
see posts like this is just what is going to make this thread get closed again.

What number thread is this like the 5th?

I'm trying to help, you don't have to get all immature because you got screwed.
Ohh im sorry i must have missed the part of the post that was helpful?

First, I want to make it absolutely clear that I'm giving my opinion on this issue unbiased to any party involved.

What is it you're after exactly? getting your data back? as a webmaster, you should be well aware that hosting and servers can go wrong at any minute, whether a suspension of the account which sometimes leads to have your data locked (I think that's what happened with SJShah), or hardware failures.

That's why there are so many tools, applications and scripts to help you backup your content regularly, whether manually or automated via a cron job.

The data is lost, if you keep fighting to get them back, you'll never get a result, because even if the other party truly and in all honesty want to get your data back, it's impossible.

If it's not the data you're after, are you after a refund? Contact the new owner, which I assume he's well aware of the situation, either he's preparing a plan to solve the issues, or he's ignoring it, I don't really know anything about it.

The main question here is, what are you after? what is the purpose of all this?

First, I want to make it absolutely clear that I'm giving my opinion on this issue unbiased to any party involved.

What is it you're after exactly? getting your data back? as a webmaster, you should be well aware that hosting and servers can go wrong at any minute, whether a suspension of the account which sometimes leads to have your data locked (I think that's what happened with SJShah), or hardware failures.

That's why there are so many tools, applications and scripts to help you backup your content regularly, whether manually or automated via a cron job.

The data is lost, if you keep fighting to get them back, you'll never get a result, because even if the other party truly and in all honesty want to get your data back, it's impossible.

If it's not the data you're after, are you after a refund? Contact the new owner, which I assume he's well aware of the situation, either he's preparing a plan to solve the issues, or he's ignoring it, I don't really know anything about it.

The main question here is, what are you after? what is the purpose of all this?

Its not data at all,i learned along time ago to have things backed up, i just cant figure out how 3 "hosting comapnys" go down in the space of a few weeks and money keep and then certain people say,oh that is that so,tis very sneaky workings.

Im just going to post webdens tos here about "Data Loss"

qh5ybb.png

And once agian, If you we're a webden client if you we're hosted in the USA your site is online & it will remain online. If your site was a site on layer3 which we shifted all of those clients to layer4 because of server issues two weeks before the sale of webden to stablelayer, Robert420 my system admin found 39 Backups on layer3 so i have 39 backups if anyone wants to contact me.

Its not data at all,i learned along time ago to have things backed up, i just cant figure out how 3 "hosting comapnys" go down in the space of a few weeks and money keep and then certain people say,oh that is that so,tis very sneaky workings.

Well it is pretty simple.

The dude owns StableLayer --- > He decides that he can run more than 1 company ---> Buys 2 more hosting companies ---> Few days later gets into shit with it ---> ALL THREE HOSTING COMPANIES ARE GONE ----> Everyone is screwed.

I am glad I regularly took some backups, just kinda pissed of that this happened.

but why does it even matter? Why do you need to know.

Who cares if it was some way to steal money from people, or some sort of scam.
Who cares if there were actually legit reasons for what is / went on.

Is it your problem? No. so stop worrying about it, as you're never going to get a straight / truthful answer.

All there is to know is that stablelayer, webden, & crypticvps are now gone.
Deal with it -- I know it may sound harsh, but shit happens, get over it.

If you need a backup, I'm sorry about that -- but read what el_j said.
If you want money -- then charge back, spam the host via his email, do something productive rather than spam the forums -- it doesn't help you or anyone else get anywhere.

1 thing you can do and most likely will work is call paypal or whatever gateway you used directly, explain exactly what happened, and most likely you'll get your money back, or paypal will credit you. It's as simple as that.

And if you can't get your money back, well then I'm sorry, but again shit happens. It was only a few dollars, you can make it again -- and if you can't... well that's another story maybe being a webmaster isn't for you.
Next time do a bit more research on hosts you pick -- and lesson learned.

Is this still going on? I think all you who are complaining about ACE and DLow need to get a grip and get it through your head that the company was sold so deal with it with the new owners! Posting your shit here isn't going to get you anything back, you are just repeating what everyone else has said. So stop being a waste of time and go nag the owner(s). Like Sandino said, follow his advice instead of telling him to fuck of.

but why does it even matter? Why do you need to know.

Who cares if it was some way to steal money from people, or some sort of scam.
Who cares if there were actually legit reasons for what is / went on.

Is it your problem? No. so stop worrying about it, as you're never going to get a straight / truthful answer.

All there is to know is that stablelayer, webden, & crypticvps are now gone.
Deal with it -- I know it may sound harsh, but shit happens, get over it.

If you need a backup, I'm sorry about that -- but read what el_j said.
If you want money -- then charge back, spam the host via his email, do something productive rather than spam the forums -- it doesn't help you or anyone else get anywhere.

1 thing you can do and most likely will work is call paypal or whatever gateway you used directly, explain exactly what happened, and most likely you'll get your money back, or paypal will credit you. It's as simple as that.

And if you can't get your money back, well then I'm sorry, but again shit happens. It was only a few dollars, you can make it again -- and if you can't... well that's another story maybe being a webmaster isn't for you.
Next time do a bit more research on hosts you pick -- and lesson learned.

I tried pp but the closed how gay is that.

Is this still going on? I think all you who are complaining about ACE and DLow need to get a grip and get it through your head that the company was sold so deal with it with the new owners! Posting your shit here isn't going to get you anything back, you are just repeating what everyone else has said. So stop being a waste of time and go nag the owner(s). Like Sandino said, follow his advice instead of telling him to fuck of.

Fuck Off.

I will be keeping the WebDen USA Clientele online as they we're not effected about 33 Web Sites

Layer2 DNS: ns3.webden.org - ns4.webden.org

I will be keeping webden.org online for server management services & other projects / services how ever i will keep USA Clientele online with no issue.

5.) Backups and Data Loss Your use of this service is at your sole risk. Our backup service is provided as a courtesy. In case of a hard drive failure your data may be lost, the user has to take regular off-site backups himself. HWT Hosting is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on HWT Hosting servers. You are advised to keep off-site backup of your data to protect it from being lost should there ever be any hard disk failure though we do not expect a hard drive failure. We will backup your data regularly on several plans but in some situations they may not be restored. We can not be held responsible if any data is lost during situations including but not limited to hard drive failures. HWT Hosting can not be held responsible for any loss in data.

most host have it listed in there TOS problem is people dont read them

as for 3 host going down at 1 time its really more there was a big ddos attack on a few servers even my servers where effected these ddos attacks where from netd and knowinserver servers and the person that got my server ddos was chris2009 on knowinserver servers

I tried pp but the closed how gay is that.

Fuck Off.

Please keep your spam replys to yourself,reported.

i'm not spaming, i'm asking a simple question -- WHAT.
as in what are you talking about, I did not understand what I quoted therefore I stated "What" the other numbers are b/c the stupid forum was saying i needed 8 char.

and if you're going to report anyone, report yourself.

I will be keeping the WebDen USA Clientele online as they we're not effected about 33 Web Sites

Layer2 DNS: ns3.webden.org - ns4.webden.org

I will be keeping webden.org online for server management services & other projects / services how ever i will keep USA Clientele online with no issue.

That is good to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back