Can you live without the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froomple

Yup, it has become am inevitable part of our lives. I've been trying to avoid using it at all costs, but still end up using it in one way or the other. Thanks to the latest technologies that provides instant access to internet wherever you are.

My question is, can you really live without the internet in this modern era? If you do, would you feel alienated?

Or is it just about our self control that needs to be worked upon?

190 comments
For short periods? Sure. It's nice to get a little vacation here and there.

But long term - nope. My income over the last decade has only come from things that require the internet.

The answer is very easy: No. And i believe that most of people coundn't. There are so many people who work through internet that lack of it would affect on all of us.

Yup, it has become am inevitable part of our lives. I've been trying to avoid using it at all costs, but still end up using it in one way or the other. Thanks to the latest technologies that provides instant access to internet wherever you are.

My question is, can you really live without the internet in this modern era? If you do, would you feel alienated?

Or is it just about our self control that needs to be worked upon?

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Yes I believe it's still possible for one to live without internet in today's world. Would it be difficult? Well that would depend on the life style you want to live. Many of us grew up with out the internet (not to show my age or anything) and we manged to live life just fine. However now a days it can make life much simpler to be connected to the internet. Some I believe can become addicted to the internet and feel the need to be online 24/7. Others find it the only way to actually be able to socialize with other people. So to answer your questions, yes I can live without the internet, no I wouldn't feel alienated, and I feel I have enough self control over my internet usage.[/FONT]

yes I could, I reached the age I do not give a fuck anymore
Would it add to my life quality? Considering the free time I have doing other stuff, yeah I think so.

ten years ago i would have cried if my internet was down for a day, now I consider it a blessing.

Best Regards

After working so much online, I try to limit in my free time the exposure to internet or any screens whatsoever. I do not think that I could live without it the rest of my life, but surely we need more moderation because now people waste too much time online.

I still could live but not for long because i'd have to go online. i'd pay more just to have an internet connection. and i gotta work.
internet is very necessary these days and i guess the next generations are going to be dependent to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back