Can you live without the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froomple

Yup, it has become am inevitable part of our lives. I've been trying to avoid using it at all costs, but still end up using it in one way or the other. Thanks to the latest technologies that provides instant access to internet wherever you are.

My question is, can you really live without the internet in this modern era? If you do, would you feel alienated?

Or is it just about our self control that needs to be worked upon?

190 comments
Look, many people relly on internet to work and do stuff. But at the end that made us allienated society, you know like not doing so many things that require socializing. So yeah i could live like a day or 2 but the rest i need it at least to spend some time and work.

I couldn't live my life to the fullest without the internet. At least not as I see it right now. But I would survive. We all would.. And maybe after a while we would find that a life without the internet forces us to focus on each other instead of on our phones and other devices.

i grew up in the pre internet world. if i needed information i had to go to the public library to get information. i also learned how to use the white and yellow pages. So in that part i can live with out the internet. Because i already know where to get the information i need. on the rest like entertainment and dumb videos that just part of the fabric of the internet. So in that case i would be hard to live without the internet.

Internet made life easier. Of course it has its pros and cons.
But it's hard to live without the internet. We used to using it so much and often.
Nowadays most jobs more or less rely on the internet as well.

I'm not sure if it is possible to live completely without internet unless you live in some sort of communal area (monastery/ nunnery) or out in the middle of nowhere with enough money saved to pay for all bills (by mail). I really cannot think of many jobs where you do not at least need some internet for communication purposes.

I look at internet addiction as more like food addiction than anything else. You cannot live without food, so you must learn to control it. Have you ever tried to go 1 day a week completely without internet? That may be a good place to start.

When we think about the Internet, it's hard to imagine life without it. But for some people, living without the Internet is possible.

The first way to live without the Internet is through abstinence. This means not using any devices that have access to the internet, like phones and computers. If you're able to abstain from using devices, then you're likely able to abstain from using the internet as well. However, this isn't always possible because many things need internet connection in order for them to work properly.

Another way to live without the Internet is through unplugging. This means turning off all of your devices that have internet connection and disconnecting from social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back