BoxSlots - Information for Dedicated & VPS clients

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, hang on a minute. Am I missing something here? I mean lets go back to rapidspeeds fiasco, when Boxslots made a 1 page post (quite detailed post, give him credit for that) about how Rapidspeeds were bullshitting to their customers, and saying that the customers deserve an answer from Darren. But what about now then? LOL. Yes my sympathy goes to Boxslots of the hacking attempt, as I faced it too couple of times, and yes it does erase client data at times, but how does all that lead to a takeover by ServerBoost? And didn't Boxslots say they owned their hardware at SmartDC? Seems like they bullshitted too since all their servers are from ServerBoost.

I think they owe an explanation to their customers, and also an apology to me for slaughtering me on the rapidspeeds thread as I've been right all along.

and now.....

customers deserve an answer from Ricky
:facepalm:

I know how you feel, my friends. Once... I paid almost $90 for shared hosting per year and a week later I got kicked out because host wasn't able to configure mail server and IP got blacklisted. And they kept all that money for deletion from blacklist. But yeah, it was all bullshit. But I was kid with zero knowledge. :(

Now... I don't know what to think. If you had seen my previous post, Ricky kept assuring me that servers would not get wiped again for 150%. It was pretty smelly.

Also... some of you got emails about successful access to your VPS. Could it be that hacker downloaded our login data last time?

charmed said:
Also... some of you got emails about successful access to your VPS. Could it be that hacker downloaded our login data last time?
Instant Dedicated responded to a ticket I had raised in the Boxslots client area the day I was hacked and they asked my how my vps was set up and, after my reply, within minutes they sent me the password for ssh saying that they had reinstalled Ubuntu. I checked and I really had ssh access. I do not have solusvm access though. I reinstalled my scripts and right now I am reconfiguring everything. cannot comment on speeds yet. I did only a speedtest pinging a local server and it seemed the same it was before - but this is not indicative.
Right now, I am happy that someone has done something about me as a boxslots client. Do they do it to keep me happy and not file a Paypal dispute? Do they do it to gain another customer if and when we are switched over to Serverboost/Instant Dedicated? The answer is .... I don't know. Time will tell. My opinion is, they are real professional providers and they are trying to save the customers they had through Boxslots (since Boxslots turned out to be their reseller from what I have gathered reading the previous posts)

Hi,

It's not offline, we disabled solusvm access, that's why it shows as 'offline'. This is because of security reason (we do not want your VPS to be hacked again).
You should still be able to login to it via the normal way (remote desktop). ????? how?

Let me know if it works or not. Thanks!

Regards

which program should I use?
Windows 7 Remote Desktop Connection not working!
UltraVNC Viewer does not work!

Regards

To get everyone a bit updated about the payment processors:

- Paypal is already 100% accepted
- Alertpay is also already 100% accepted
- Moneybookers is already accepted, but not yet automated (due to delay with Moneybookers merchant agreement).

Customers who like to pay via moneybookers can create a ticket in the billing system of boxslots.

To get everyone a bit updated about the payment processors:

- Paypal is already 100% accepted
- Alertpay is also already 100% accepted
- Moneybookers is already accepted, but not yet automated (due to delay with Moneybookers merchant agreement).

Customers who like to pay via moneybookers can create a ticket in the billing system of boxslots.
AlertPay acceptance is an awesome news :)

Please do create an support/sell hosting section thread too when you are ready. That will help us to reach you better.

So I'm just not sure what to decide on this entire thing, yes I can fully understand serverboost and there position on the matter and they are really helping the customers by bringing back things when they didn't have to, or at least didn't have to without further payments or agreements, So I will give them that for helping everyone that got screwed by this company and the people behind it, but no one really knows what happen, for all we know they could of defaulted on payments, contracts, or they could of sold the company to serverboost and instead of them keeping it under that brand put it under another one so any legal problems keep away from the main company, I don't know if that's what happen as I'm only speculating, I know serverboost is a large company and I have worked with them in the past they aren't a overnight company, nor a fly by company, I'll give them that, but what happens to the people that don't get refunds, or disputes resolved, I guess they are screwed, as many people might not want to have anything to do with the company even though it has nothing to do with them they just ruined the brand. I guess they were helpful for giving people free month's and extending there services, when hopefully they didn't a dime on the failure of the company, except for services rendered, what I don't get is who owns the boxslots domain? How do you guys have access to the domain, and billing software, I don't see you guys just being able to know the information, so it seems like the owner had to give you domain passwords, whmcs passwords, I just don't get why he would just turn over the info like that, or give his domain up without any type of payment, as he could of easily sold the business to someone else, even though it was pretty ruined, It still was worth more then nothing.

Anyways, I luckily get free services from the company I work for so I don't have to feel pain from things like this happening but trust me I've been in your shoes, I've used many hosts in the past 8 years and been through some really bad ones, just takes a lot of bad eggs to get a good one, hopefully this works out for everyone.

Good luck and serverboost your nice for helping people, and being it's specially around the holiday times.

If anyone needs free hosting and you were a customer, I'm willing to host your sites for free if you can't find a current host, or just don't trust anyone, or if your broke from all the previous things happening, I also can provide a few GB of backup, just ask, but I don't have vps servers, so it would be shared only.

Just got some new information from Instant dedicated regarding the VPS (and probably dedi too):

- Prices will remain the same after clients are moved
- The rest of december is free, they'll start charging on January 1st.

Last edited:
The old control panel login url now shows this:

"SolusVM access has been disabled due to security reasons. We are working on a more secure setup and access will be restored soon. More info will follow via mail."

Thanks go to Serverboost for what they've done - I've no data at risk there, only downtime, which they've already chosen to credit for; I'm staying with them for now, but I'd sure like to get a control panel back up ;) .

Wait, hang on a minute. Am I missing something here? I mean lets go back to rapidspeeds fiasco, when Boxslots made a 1 page post (quite detailed post, give him credit for that) about how Rapidspeeds were bullshitting to their customers, and saying that the customers deserve an answer from Darren. But what about now then? LOL. Yes my sympathy goes to Boxslots of the hacking attempt, as I faced it too couple of times, and yes it does erase client data at times, but how does all that lead to a takeover by ServerBoost? And didn't Boxslots say they owned their hardware at SmartDC? Seems like they bullshitted too since all their servers are from ServerBoost.

I think they owe an explanation to their customers, and also an apology to me for slaughtering me on the rapidspeeds thread as I've been right all along.

Or me, who said from the start rapidspeeds and all these companies would go down. It is stupidly ridiculous how moronic people are. At the lowest level of pricing (and this is it), this stuff happens *ALL THE TIME*.

I'm starting to think it is better to create scam companies vs real ones, since inevitably the market will go with scam companies... :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back