• DELL

Votes: 41 45.6%
  • OTHER(comment if any other)

Votes: 29 32.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Net/Notebooks I'd recommend Asus.
When it comes to Desktop PC I have to admit that I prefer to build them custom, then I know what I get. I'm quite an AMD Fanboy too :-)

I'd reccomend to build your own PC - System, you are 100% guaranteed full quaility grade compoments. including a far better life for the PC your building.

Other. Alienware.

Just so you know, Dell bought Alienware...

If you buy a brand name computer you're usually buying a 1 year warranty give or take sometimes 2 or 3 years unless you buy an in-store extended warranty.

Sometimes companies don't honor warranties and sometimes companies honor warranties that are expired...make the tech feel bad and be nice about it and they will sometimes show compassion and help you.

If you're buying online usually have 30 days to return all items to them after that you have to deal the companies directly unless you buy an extended online warranty.

If you have to buy any brand name desktop, choose one with good specs, most commonly find one with an 64 bit processor, now in days Quad Core's (1 CPU, 4 Cores) is good enough and runs a 64 bit version of Windows 7 and usually they always put Windows 7 Professional on there and sometimes, I've noticed it's 32bit OS when you have a 64 bit Dual or Quad Core processor, go figure, huh? If you have to look at all these variables when ordering a PC as they will get you if you think the price is right, but in all reality it isn't.

If you decide to buy a Laptop, I would say choose, Dell or Asus.

If you don't want to worry about all that mumble jumbo up there, your best bet is too simply build your computer and 'you, yourself controls the warranty' and not some pre-built computer and if you do so, you can actually build a cheaper, better computer than a pre-built, I build many computers from ground up.

Motherboard: Asus
RAM: Depends on Motherboard, now in days it's DDR3.
Power Supply: DO NOT BUY A $10-$30 Power Supply, they're tendcy to die in a year after warranty, go figure? Buy a $50-$100 Power Supply, I recommend Corsair for instance, I have a 650 Watt - Now keep in mind if you're a high-end gamer you're probably going to need a bigger supply, mine can support all the new games, but just barley, so I I were to get one with a new video card I would go with an 850 Watt or 1000 Watt...Keep in mind "You can never have too much power".
CPU: Guess it's a matter of preference, I recommend AMD. (Multi-Tasks better than Intel)

I like assembled one. I assembled mine. You can put what you want.

Quad Core Phenom 3.5 ghz
5GB RAM, 1TB HDD
BlueRay Writer
26" LED
Wireless Multimedia Keyboard and Mouse
1GB Graphix Card.

I didn't find this config with any branded PC. So assembled mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back