Best Filehosting Script like Rapidshare/Filesonice etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jizzb0mb

Whats the best file-hosting script these days?
I dont mind spending decent money on a decent script but is there any out of the box solution readily available?

Thanks,

jb

24 comments
am also looking for this. any other cheap alternative to xfilesharing? i want a small file host for a private community. cant be bothered with the big ones out there any more

i just installed the free one. its very basic, with no member support.

i need one with premium membership and with remote upload facility.

Max you making a filehost?

yes, tired of the big ones who take us for granted.

Why do you need premium feature and member support for private community?

so i can earn something! also i want to extend it later if its successful ;)

if you wanna make a filehost then make sure you have enough money to start :| and if you do then you would buy that script

i have the money, just want to make sure am spending it for the best.

Last edited:
Indeed, it is best to come up with your own software, for a number of reasons.

1. If you build it yourself (or at least to your exact specification) you will better understand your own site and how it works.

2. If something goes wrong, you will be better placed to fix it. What if someone finds a huge security hole in the 'pre-made' script's code?

3. Get the features you want and nothing you dont want!

4. If you can't afford to get the software done, or don't know how to do it yourself, chances are, you won't be able to do a good job of running a successful file host.

There isn't currently a file hosting script which is to the standard of professional filehosts.

'xfilesharing' is reasonably good but shouldn't even be considered if you're looking to become rather big and what not. Until someone develops a script to such a standard, you're better off hiring a coder.

I've only heard of one of those.

Maybe i'm not desperate enough for some pennies to use the rest.
That list shows nothing, it remains that the script is used by very few successful hosts.
Because it isn't even close to the standard of custom ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back