Status
Not open for further replies.

jSx@ECD

Does anyone else agree with me when I say paid work here is really cheap? Like I mean $2, $3 for a logo? I wouldn't even open Photoshop for $2. Even coding is really damn cheap. Both of them are actually really expensive in real life.. Not saying you all should pay what you pay in real life but, there's no way in hell someone good is going to spend hours of their time doing something for a few bucks. There's not too many people who can actually charge a lot of money for their work here..

/discuss

25 comments
You can get a logo work done for 2$ as well as you can get it done for 2000$.

It really depends on which designer you're choosing. The new amateur designers start off with cheap prices to build a terrific portfolio until they raise their prices. The ones who charge high, normally have something unique with them and thats why people pay them. They get what they deserve. You pay 2$ and you'd definitely not get a unique concept logo, infact you'd just get a PSD.
If you pay 2000$ to a logo company, then you can expect 2-3 revisions, unique, new concept, etc. work. They'd even provide you with Vector formats of your logo for mass media printing.

Thats how it works.

Yea, but lets use signatures as an example. When I make a sig, it usually takes me an hour or two depending on how good I want it to be. Now people here are wanting sigs made for $3. Like what the fuck.

We should be paid on an 1/2 hour rate. Each designer has their price. Let's say I want $10 an hour so that would be $5 per half hour and I spend $2 making a sig for you, that would be $20. Which is a bit high but whatever. I would NEVER waste my time like that for $2.

people here don't know the value of Photoshop ,as most of the designers here use cracked version of the same..
show me a designer who charges 2 $ , when he has actually purchased a legit license of PS ?

I do everything for free, I mean I give the request ago, if they like it then great if they don't well fuck em' haha. I do it because I enjoy doing it not because I want money or a reward for fullfilling a req. Even paid req's I try and if they want to use my work I tell them to keep their money.

Yea Desi, lol.

@Dean, it's for practice right? Well I don't really like doing something for someone and not getting ANYTHING in return, and I'm def not going to do it for someone I don't even know.

I've been on & off photoshop for like three years, I mean it's only little logos and stuff I do for people which take best 10+mins which isn't a big deal to me as it helps me learn in the process. I understand where your coming from though.

Completely agree with Blaze. You get what you pay for. If you pay $2 for a Logo it will look like a $2 Logo. If you pay someone like Skords $20 for a logo it will look good. If you hire a branding company and they design you a logo you get the full works and something to relaunch your site/company with.

Thing of how a logo can define a company. eg. The Nike swoosh or tick that's recognized globally or McDonalds yellow 'M'. Your not going to get that for $2.

Same everywhere people are just learning. Loads of corporate companies make you work for free or very low wages while your an intern or learning. You may not even get $2 for a day's work but later when you have real skills you earn the big bucks.

You want the big bucks then go to a big company who has that sort of money to spend people here don't have two grand to spend on one logo or whatever. If people spend like 10 minutes doing a quickish logo for somebody and they are happy then what is the problem? If they then get say 2 bucks for the work then great, they can then do that for a hour with different people so that would be 6 logos at 2 bucks each which is 12 bucks per hour! Same result as you are on about just done from more than one person.

Having said that though I do see your point of view but most people just don't have the sort of money you are on about.

Peace (y)

JGM.

I don't want money.. I don't even do paid work anymore, the reason for that is why I made this thread, but glad to see other people agree.

Yes paid work is pretty cheap here for the most part but by the same token people don't have a lot to spend either (y)

JGM.

That's why we need to put range in our prices. People who buys GFX here have no idea how difficult and long it is to make them happy. Though I'm glad to do it since I am in need of money. I never do things for less then 5$, it's just a waste of time.

But at the same time, people here won't pay more because they are all looking for the special deal that will save them 2$. In other words, being a graphic designer/artist is hard and not well paid. At least on WJ -.-

I agree with Blaze (as always, lol).
You pay $2, you will get a logo worth $2 and generally from an amateur. Paying $200 will obviously get you something that is extra ordinary that will be 'much. much, much' better than the $2 logo.

I agree with Blaze (as always, lol).
You pay $2, you will get a logo worth $2 and generally from an amateur. Paying $200 will obviously get you something that is extra ordinary that will be 'much. much, much' better than the $2 logo.

Of course but no one here is ready to pay 200$ for a logo when they are looking through every hosting post to find the cheapest one 8-)

Just a note from a spectator.

People bitch about graphics work being cheap here, yet are most likely using a cracked Photoshop.

Hypocrits.

Yeap. The $2 logo designs are just a font, downloaded from dafont.com, with some lazy effect.

The logos you are talking about are hand-drawn and go for over $500.

People bitch about graphics work being cheap here, yet are most likely using a cracked Photoshop.

Hypocrits.
That's not what were talking about .. I don't know about anyone else but I have a legit version of CS3 <3

I agree with Kedzi .. People here are just to cheap to pay anything more then $2.

Hypocrits.

There is a difference between a 20$ logo and a 1000$ software <_<

For my instance, I am using a trial photoshop that will expire soon -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back