Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree jsx. I myself charge those shitty rates when I need a quick buck but I make sure I don't put more than 10-20 mins for my works. I do mostly prints (3/4 of you guys won't even know how to create a print document in ps). The skill level of wj designers is really low and I think we only got 2-3 good designers here.

You honestly can't be expected to be paid a real wage when working on the internet. I would never pay someone $20 for 2 hours work over wjunction (or any other forum). If I was going to pay someone a real wage I would go to a real company lol.

If you're going to offer services over the internet you can be expect to be paid much less for your work, and usually the price is dependant on the final outcome, not how long you worked on it.

ontopic, the kids are either bored and looking for some hosting money or starting up a portfolio. Nothing surprising there.

Not saying we want to be paid a real wage.

You have no idea how hard it is to make some people happy for $2 fucking dollars.

If people want to charge $2 let them, 3 logos for one months hosting alot of people dont have bank accounts or want there parents to know what they're spending there money on, the under 18s that is.

At the end of the day its there choice and $2 is alot of money to them internet wise and if you are scraping hosting bills and so on it goes a long way.

I'm under 18, and I'm not talking about designers charging so little, I'm talking about people who need design work done, they offer the littlest amount. It's bullshit.

You want the big bucks then go to a big company who has that sort of money to spend people here don't have two grand to spend on one logo or whatever. If people spend like 10 minutes doing a quickish logo for somebody and they are happy then what is the problem? If they then get say 2 bucks for the work then great, they can then do that for a hour with different people so that would be 6 logos at 2 bucks each which is 12 bucks per hour! Same result as you are on about just done from more than one person.

Having said that though I do see your point of view but most people just don't have the sort of money you are on about.

Peace (y)

JGM.
tbh this is the best

in short u get what u pay for :|

some gfxers are young and want money so they can u know buy a premium account or start a website
or they want to expand their portfoloio since they are new to the game
as mr happy said when u go to a company that does gfx deisgns u get no pay or small wages then u build ur portfolio and increase ur capability to do awesomer gfx then u make teh big buckz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back