abook.ws Site review/suggestions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck_rider

Hi Folks,

I have been an active member in some european warez, but mainly audiobook boards now for quite a while now and so I decided to start my own little blog for audiobooks. Just after starting it I realized that this is whole new dimension, 'though it may be peanuts to the most of you guys.

So here I am with my new blog, not knowing what I do wrong, what is right and what I should change immediately. I think you get my point. :D

Lessons learned already:

• Don't use the most anonymously Hoster, when it is the cheapest as well, if you do, expect many downtimes...
  • Don't use Linkcrypters if you want to be listed on any ddl Site
  • I already forgot...
I Also realize, that the 'more' Link is screwed up, when it contains one of the keywords of the search, I haven't yet figured that out, but that is not a thing I need to be told, I already know. :)

I also know that many users prefer rapidshare, but since that is not an option for me, please leave that for now too.

What I really could need are some suggestions for a good filehoster to use as a mirror and also some suggestion about the template, or if the Tag List ist too big or something like that. I am looking at that Site for so long now, that I think, that I am routine blinded or something.

Last, but hopefully not least, the link. http://abook.ws

Thank you very much for your time.
buck_rider

PS: Excuse my bad english, I am not a native speaker, but getting better everyday.

6 comments
I like the site. Would give it almost 4/5, but i think it needs a banner where it says:

abook.ws
…for your listening pleasure

Use the space there is and make a nice banner that matches the rest of the site

Yeah, I thought about a banner/logo myself, but since I am very incompetent when it comes to graphics, I decided to keep it this way, until someone shows up and offers to do it for free, or I can afford to pay someone for that. Better to have no Banner, than having a crappy one if you ask me. :D

Anything else?

I really don't mean to be rude, but how is that supposed to help anyone? It's easy to say it doesn't look good, but at least tell what it is exactly that you don't like so one can fix those things.

Can't be so hard to say, theme is too dark, tags are too bloated or something like that. Just saying you don't like it without any reasons... well what's the point of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back