Status
Not open for further replies.

SSJ4

Hello, What is the difference between 100Mbps and 1Gbps RDP, if i want to download torrents from private trackers ??

18 comments
100mbps - You get around 12-12.5 MB/s download speed*!
1GBPS - You get 120-125 MB/s download speed*!

*Speed can differ sometime!

100mbit wont feel any difference speeds will be same while downloading single torrent.

1GBPS is for multiple connections of torrent and filehost

always better to buy the maximum speed you can afford......... normally rdps are shared among several users so lets say you have a 10gbps shared port.. then you can at least get 1-2gbps average even when the server is on full load :)

Hello, What is the difference between 100Mbps and 1Gbps RDP, if i want to download torrents from private trackers ??
It is port speed...usually to handle & transmit data from Server
100 mb per second ...maximum speed is 100 mb/s ..Server can trasmit 100 mb/s data

1 Gbps = 1 gb per second...

For torrent.. 1gbps would be best choice...if too many user leeching/seeding torrent on 100 mbps Server...you will end up with slow speed.

On 1 Gbps ..you can get download speed like 2-30+ Mbps...it also depend on other side Server from where you downloading/uploading torrent.Number of User on your Server etc.
Usually a good RDP gives you speed anywhere from 2-15+ Mbps.

Say like you downloading 5 torrent on 1 Gbps...you will get above mentioned speed on each torrent file..

. then you can at least get 1-2gbps average even when the server is on full load :)

Not true...As speed depends on Server other part too (Config,no of HD etc). Anyways, I agree that we should prefer high speed server but don't expect to get 1-2 gbps Avg .

Agree ..SSD is good for Read & Write as it come with inbuilt chip...but look at the thread of your given link...You almost ate the Server...
To let you know...Hard disk does matters in port speed...I won't go in details

499MB/s = its giving out just 3 Gbps speed (which is good compare to 1 Gbps)

If a Seeder hosted file on good Server with 10 gbps...you can get above 50mb/s

Compare a 1 lane highway with a 10 lane highway.

Regarding torrents, it's not only necessary to have a good port speed if several users do their work at the same time, but a good fast hdd is also needed.

A 1 gbps port with a average harddisk doesn't make sense at all.

I have reached 577 MB / sec max with low cpu usage :)

you know why cpu was that high ? i was running multiple torrents + idm queue. do you think it will use less cpu when you do the same on a 100mbps server ?

btw i asked permission from host to rape the server for testing purpose.

PS: its on VDS environment... CPu / Ram share is dedicated = 1 get 2 cores dedicated to me only :P

http://i28.lulzimg.com/8e51e54486.png

Busted out 100% CPU usage @ 221Mb/s I/O

In second Pic
http://i28.lulzimg.com/c4d483f169.png

I don't see utorrent client running as you claim..Let me know If I missed sumthing :)
and system was Idle (download complete)

If CPU/RAM & Processor are dedicated to you...Why you need permission from Host..You paid for it & It should not matter to them you have dedicated Utilizes which won't effect performance to other User.

Sata II/SAS with Raid 10...Can perform well too.Agree SSD is better but when it get abused..it's performance dies.

For Torrent leeching/Seeding 1 Gbps is all enough from Good Provider.

PS :I hold nothing against RDP provider.

I have reached 577 MB / sec max with low cpu usage :)

you know why cpu was that high ? i was running multiple torrents + idm queue. do you think it will use less cpu when you do the same on a 100mbps server ?

btw i asked permission from host to rape the server for testing purpose.

PS: its on VDS environment... CPu / Ram share is dedicated = 1 get 2 cores dedicated to me only :P

On your plan, the first core is Dedicated and the second is burst. But you can, all the times use the burst core as well because over 40-60% of the CPU on the node is idle. :)

Sata II/SAS with Raid 10...Can perform well too.Agree SSD is better but when it get abused..it's performance dies.

SATAII or SAS in Raid10 can be abused as well...

If CPU/RAM & Processor are dedicated to you...Why you need permission from Host..You paid for it & It should not matter to them you have dedicated Utilizes which won't effect performance to other User.

Permission for high Disk I/O, not for CPU/RAM. :)

For dedicated server or vps: 100mbps is fully enough, if your monthly transfers are about 6 - 7 TB/month

If torrents - everyone want's to get it fast as possible. I recommend 1 Gbps.

Yeah, I own a 1 Gbps port for my hosting services, 100 Mbps wasn't cutting it anymore...about $100 per Month from the upgrade to last server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back