Status
Not open for further replies.

gambitz

Banned
Banned
Hello. I searched, but most threads are selling VPS.

I want information and advice on which VPS to buy - 100Mb or 1Gb.

1. For website with high volume visitors but small files. Both uploads and downloads small files. I am not sure if 1Gbps is needed?

2. For rapidleech and uploads large files 100MB to 1GB files. (I think 1Gb is good but I think waste of money because most servers are maxed out so only get 5 to 10MBps down/upload which is fine with 100Mbps).

Thanks for information and discussions...

11 comments
Well you won't be the only person using the port. So definitely a 1Gbps will give you a better user experience on a server as several people will be downloading/uploading at the same time.

it really depends on your need, for website 100mbps is enough. But for uploading files nothing is enough even 1gpps, along with that it depends on your vps/server location, datacenter peering, server specifications/configurations etc etc.

from what you posted its hard to understand your purpose.

@rahult: Good point about shared node.
@Rew: You explained well. But you said didnt understand purpose. I explained purposes number 1 and number 2.

1. For website with high volume visitors but small files. Both uploads and downloads small files. I am not sure if 1Gbps is needed?

2. For rapidleech and uploads large files 100MB to 1GB files. (I think 1Gb is good but I think waste of money because most servers are maxed out so only get 5 to 10MBps down/upload which is fine with 100Mbps).

Note for others (notice small and big b/B):
100Mbit = max 12.5MBps
1Gbit = max 125MBps

I use 1 Gbps on my servers for hosting websites, but I have a lot clients on one server and 100 Mbps wasn't theisable anymore, so when I decided to upgrade my server, I also decided to upgrade the port to 1 Gbps.

Now, If you have a high traffic website and you notice slowness if running on a 100 Mbps Port, than I recommend considered 1 Gbps, but if you're not 100 Mbps will more than survice.

If you think 1 Gbps is 'waste of money' than go with 100 Mbps and if you feel the bandwidth is slow, I'm sure you can always 'upgrade' to 1 Gbps...

Thanks all..

The problem is that 1Gb VPS is more expensive...

I wonder if its ok to run multiple websites on one VPS 1GB with 2GB ram?

well, if your budget can cover a VPS with 1Gbps node connection, it will be better of course,
but it all depends how many users share the node.

for example if your on a VPS with 100Mbit/s
and its divided by 8 (100Mbit/s divided by 8users=12.5Mbit/s max speed.)

or for example a VPS with 1Gbps(1000mbps)
again divided by 8 (as an example only)
1000mbps divided by 8users=125mbps

I would say on most hosts you would get more user per VPS node and so less speed to your VPS, but you dont only need to worry about port connection but ram, cpu, etc.. basically how many all round recourses you get to your own virtual sever.

I would definitely choose a 1Gbps VPS, especially for a high-volume site and Rapidleech transfers -- you'll notice a huge difference if the host is giving you the connection they should be.

i would recommend 1Gbit, it will defiantly make a big difference for a high volume of visitors and of course rapidleech will be faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back