Zuckerberg sued for insider trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShareShiz

Banned
Banned
Zuckerberg sued for insider trading

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is facing a class action suit from disgruntled Facebook investors who claim that he dumped $1 billion of stock on insider knowledge that it was grossly overvalued.

If you had a big stake in the Facebook IPO, you've got plenty of reasons to be a little upset about how things have been going since then. A new class action lawsuit takes things a step further by suing Mark Zuckerberg, claiming that the Facebook founder used insider knowledge to unload on $1 billion worth of massively overvalued stock.

The lawsuit says that Zuckerberg and Facebook's management knew that the site couldn't draw in enough advertising revenues to support the stock's $38 IPO share price, and that Morgan Stanley, JPMorgan, and Goldman Sachs all warned them about it.

Rather than doing the upstanding thing and taking action, Zuckerberg decided to dump a large portion of shares while the prices were still good. Only a select few 'major' investors were actually informed about the overvaluation.

Still, it could be worse - Zuckerberg hasn't faced any criminal charges so far, so he doesn't have to worry about any of the stiff penalties involved with insider trading. Yet.

11 comments
Insider trading is a federal offence. If you're caught doing it, a class action lawsuite is the least of your problems.
Code:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/05/12061538-lawyer-sentenced-to-record-12-years-for-37-million-insider-trading-scheme?lite

His wife proved unlucky for him :s although I don't believe in such stuffs but it might be true ? xD

*takes popcorn & sits back relaxed*

0521-mark-zuckerberg-facebook-1.jpg

No reason for it to close if you don't like it.

I know a lot of people who don't like it and it has ruined a lot of peoples lives (granted their own fault but hey can't have everything). Personally I am sick and tired of social networking, my other half's sister only talks to people on Facebook and those people only live a mile or so away if that! She never uses the phone to ring them or even goes round to see them.

JGM.

Overall, Facebook is great place to promote business, get sales, stay in touch with old friends who live far, far away. However, it has became pile of shit in recent years, which is one of reasons why I have deactivated my profile.

I used to like it when I had 100 friends, then I got up to 2000 or so and I deactivated it. Yes, it's my fault for accepting this and that girl and guy but it was too late to undo the damage.

Just do something useful instead wasting hours daily, checking who is in relationship with who or who got wasted last weekend, that's just pathetic in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back