Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, you are definitely retarded

1) donation is payment as any other, so it is legal in every country
2) donation purpose is clear to everyone, freeware and registered version of my program is also explained
3) paying for extra things is also correct

so please, use your brain and do not write here

You better get your facts straight regarding donations. Donation is basically a gift given for charity purposes or to support a cause. It depends on the willingness of the donator i.e whether he/she finds your cause worthwhile and decides to support it. You cause is not willingly supported by users. Your cause is not even a cause but a development fee which you are forcefully extracting from your users by limiting the functionality of your program. You should better term it as a Subscription instead of a donation.

Are you paying tax on all these "donations"? If not then no it's not legal.

Anyway, i'm confused, a donation (lets face it, paying for a service so no, not a donation) is a paid subscription to have no limits, or are there still limits and it varies depending on how much you "donate"?

Last edited:
I already said that it is legal. I do not do anything illegal.

Second question has been already answered, yes, it depends on the deal.

@zoom if people are earning 1000usd from your program its not your hard work its user hard work , user have already paid you the donation amount . can u please explain me this ? lol u seriously need cash to live out ....

if user is using your program commercially the you have right to disable the key ...

So you say that if my program saves the time -they just add and wait - this has no value?
No, time is money. Live with that.

yeah i could not be bothered to read through all the flaming. Maybe create a fixed cost, this is just bad business, people like to know exactly what they are getting without unnecessary negotiations.

Good luck with it, your offering a service (pretty much paid for), but clearly you are not thinking from your customers perspective. I would buy, a fixed fee with no limits, but not now with all the extra hassle.

Why not create a payment page, $5 a month, no limits, no deals, no BS, no waiting. Btw this is all proper dodgy, your offering a service, paid users are unaware of their limits, no mention of this on your site, or that I can see, many users will dispute with paypal when the hidden limit comes in, your get your account locked, end of.

This whole concept you have is stupid

Last edited:
So you say that if my program saves the time -they just add and wait - this has no value?
No, time is money. Live with that.

If you buy a song and play it twice as much as the average person, do you think it's acceptable for the record company come take the song away and demand you pay the price again? You probably do don't you? I'm all for getting payed for hard work, but the way you are going about doing your business is, to put it mildly, wrong and a slap in the face to your customers. And the interesting part to me here is that you don't even seem to care. You do realize whenever you make a business based on warez you thread on thin ice, not only legally but some of the people in the wonderful warez community can reduce your income by say ~80% 'cos they feel like it?

Why do some people invest so much time into something to then completely run it into the ground.. I almost feel sorry for you.

2 mcmoore:
it seems that at least one guy here talks to the point ;)

you can find the limitation of the freeware/registered version on my page,
so it is nothing I just "suddenly" want ...

yes, I could ask $5 monthly ... but it will be the same - why 5$? why not 1$? why everyone if some people don't earn?
you see, it will be always "bad" solution for somebody - there is no "universal" solution
which would make everyone happy

You see, I am the developer, I am the guy who spends hours by creating this, programming, etc. and I can't
even set the price. People want "communism" for things they need and live in "capitalism" to have all the money from that.

Donation is something which is OPTIONAL and it's upto the user to donate or not.

Your LOGIC : DONATE MONEY if you want to use the software, if you don't donate your software will become trial / limited.

Why don't u directly rename the word 'DONATE' TO 'BUY NOW'

stop wasting money on z_o_o_m, we are making a app better than zoom and having all the features of zoom.

Give us atleast 1 month time to release the software .. it will be 1000% free.

stop wasting money on z_o_o_m,

2 mcmoore:
it seems that at least one guy here talks to the point ;)

you can find the limitation of the freeware/registered version on my page,
so it is nothing I just "suddenly" want ...

yes, I could ask $5 monthly ... but it will be the same - why 5$? why not 1$? why everyone if some people don't earn?
you see, it will be always "bad" solution for somebody - there is no "universal" solution
which would make everyone happy

You see, I am the developer, I am the guy who spends hours by creating this, programming, etc. and I can't
even set the price. People want "communism" for things they need and live in "capitalism" to have all the money from that.
Xy0mB6c.png

I don't see where the limits are clearly laid out

Also, not wanting to sound stupid, why are their limits for paying users (just agree on a set price, you cant make everyone happy and YOU need to set a price).

Excessive data transfer, how much is that and why is that an issue, they are not uploading to your servers right ? It just uses CURL or whatever to upload to the hosts via your tool?

You would make far more money being as transparent as possible.

Last edited:
Well it's not obvious now is it, premium members, registered members, they are both the same thing (paying memberships?), i see no where to buy a "premium" membership, only donations.

up to this, maybe that, from what i get from this, you will have limits but we won't tell you what they are, when they start, and will just do what we want, was looking at buying but no, this is ridiculous. You could of had something good going here but you blew it.

50GB limit for a paying donation, i mean, how much are we talking about to go premium. Your gonna make a headache for yourself replying to people and interaction for special deals which will cost you more in time, its all counter productive. Maybe you should learn a lesson from your automated upload tool and ... automate things, no BS. You pissed of a lot of very smart people with this stunt, i guess the damage is done.

The blind one is you, not seeing what your customers want and talking to them like idiots.

Last edited:
This man is just greedy money maker lol, if i pay for a service it wont be limited WTF is this, set your price for unlimited data and elt people decide if they get premium or nah shit !!!

Also i have suggestion to WJ MODS, Create us new thread here on WJ and collect some 5 to 10 Top coders and designers of WJ, and start a contest of creating a tool like that, but mean while every member wanna get this tool first he must or willing to donate to those 10 coders a amount of 1 to 5 $ so they keep satisfied to create us a Pro version + good support for long time better than this shit of money making lol, Coz who created ZOOM tool is human not from other planet, and i think most of our WJ coders could do the same and better, coz 20 hands and heads i think are better than 1 head and 2 hands.

That's my point of view so respect it or disrespect it
Best regards

RT - please, don't do it. Well, I actually don't please, this is a warning not to do that ;)

Warning me? Funny guy. Like you would know when/if I crack and release it. Not that I know anything about cracking, maybe I should hire someone, hmm.

Anyways, jokes aside, read my post again. It was just a statement that it might get cracked, others have.

With your help, If other people earn $1000 then you also get your share one way or the other way. the Almighty will help you if you do some charity work. I strongly believe it.

LOL, what a greedy mf.

Why I can't warn you? Warning is a message to protect your safety. I wanted to make sure that you are safe as any illegal version might be dangerous ... That was my good faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back