Status
Not open for further replies.

hetnix_srl

Hi there,

I'm curious about your web hosting preferences regarding the following situation.

Due to cPanel/WHM pricing scheme increasing, what would you (as an end-user) prefer:

a) I'm fine with paying few extra bucks for shared, but I really want cPanel/WHM
b) I'd really like to pay the same amount. I don't really care about the hosting panel
c) I'd rather migrate from a shared plan to a VPS with an open-source panel, even if a VPS it's not as cheap as a shared plan

Also, if you have any other ideea or details you want to add, I'd be greatful to hear them from you. :)

Thank you!

4 comments
cPanel makes sense for large shared hosting servers due to it being most widely used. I have 1 DA shared account and am not a fan.
Any use apart from that use isn't worth the $. I prefer YUM

Last edited:
a) I'm fine with paying few extra bucks for shared, but I really want cPanel/WHM
Totally agree with @Tango here, If you are using a VPS or cluster of VPS then Cpanel is just not worth it.
If your site gets at least a 500 users/day then you should learn command line, Apt or YUM. It will help you in the long Run.
Personally I think Cpanel or other panels create unnecessary Bloat & Load on the System Resources.

Regards,

Web hosting is very important to make the website accessible globally. You need to do a lot of research before hosting the website like
1) Choose the service provider.
2) Security.
3) Good uptime.
4) backup service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back