1. hetnix_srl

hetnix_srl Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Hi there,

I'm curious about your web hosting preferences regarding the following situation.

Due to cPanel/WHM pricing scheme increasing, what would you (as an end-user) prefer:

a) I'm fine with paying few extra bucks for shared, but I really want cPanel/WHM
    b) I'd really like to pay the same amount. I don't really care about the hosting panel
    c) I'd rather migrate from a shared plan to a VPS with an open-source panel, even if a VPS it's not as cheap as a shared plan

Also, if you have any other ideea or details you want to add, I'd be greatful to hear them from you. :)

Thank you!

2. Tango

Tango Super Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    cPanel makes sense for large shared hosting servers due to it being most widely used. I have 1 DA shared account and am not a fan.
    Any use apart from that use isn't worth the $. I prefer YUM

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  3. DoctorX

DoctorX Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    I don't really care about the control panel, as long as it allows me to manage my settings and domains without problems.
    So it is b.

4. akamai

akamai Active Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Totally agree with @Tango here, If you are using a VPS or cluster of VPS then Cpanel is just not worth it.
    If your site gets at least a 500 users/day then you should learn command line, Apt or YUM. It will help you in the long Run.
    Personally I think Cpanel or other panels create unnecessary Bloat & Load on the System Resources.

Regards,

5. bruno smith

bruno smith Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Web hosting is very important to make the website accessible globally. You need to do a lot of research before hosting the website like
    1) Choose the service provider.
    2) Security.
    3) Good uptime.
    4) backup service.