Xerver.co - 25 EUR/1000 PPD/PPV - 70% PPS - 55% Rebill | Webmaster Plans Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, on Peter's site speed is given as 1600Kbps. What gives?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I think what your referring to is the downloading speed throttle set on free users of Xerver.

1600 Kbps is within the average range for speed throttling free user's download.

Xerver shouldn't need to waste any time explaining this as no explanation is needed.

Its been days since I have seen any uploads work for Xerver.

The excuse of updating DNS records is one in which I'd be willing to excuse or overlook temporarily for 24 hours (even though all my servers use Google Public DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 which update in seconds).

Based on the days of downtime in addition to the very vague response of "We're investigating this issues at this time" I'm concerned that there are severe issues related to the stability of the infrastructure as a whole.

There is clearly something drastically wrong with Xerver's server infrastructure and Bl.st is getting more uploads from myself than Xerver is as a result.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was speaking about free user download speed throttling.

People were suggesting here that speeds are way lower than 1600Kbps.

xerver
user-offline.png

How long files are stored on your servers?
Registered user - file has 0 download .. no longer than 7 days
Registered user - file with 1 or more download 30 days.
Premium : No deletion.

are u sure about free register user ?

Dear Users

As you know, Xerver has grown rapidly within the last few weeks and therefor we are having some issues with uploads and loading times.

Rest assured we will have everything back to normal as soon as our new servers are delivered. This should only take around 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards

Rory

Last edited:
buddy, we're adding new servers.

thing is we already have infrastructure for extra traffic, atleast our system can handle doule the traffic, but now the traffic is tripled (actually more than that), so only our whole system becomes slow, wait for few hours, big servers are coming to the bay, i am sure that will improve performance.

sorry for inconvenience.

@am1000
yep.

for registered user we delete in 30th day from last download.
For premium - no deletion.

I means this :
Registered user - file has 0 download .. no longer than 7 days

it's true ?
if you really want the answer from the support... so you can wait !!!! lol

they ignore this question...

-------------
in first time when I asked.. they told me about copyright.. I wasn't sure... because... was not my files...
so I tried with photo of me... so they are also deleted...
I am the first one who complained this problem and you are not the second !!!

Yeah, I was speaking about free user download speed throttling.

People were suggesting here that speeds are way lower than 1600Kbps.

It might be best to respond in this thread: http://www.wjunction.com/88-site-reviews/194173-review-filehostreview-com.html

Its only out of pure luck that I happened to catch your messages in this thread.

I did personally test and confirm the speed (it actually averaged a hair under 1600Kbps at 1560Kbps), whoever is complaining about the speed throttle is likely either:
  • A noob that doesn't know bandwidth is measured in bits and not Bytes; and suffers from a very low level of intelligence where they are unable to calculate bits to bytes on the fly.
  • They are simply trolling.
Either way, both anonymous and free downloaders download at 1600Kbps as FileHostReview.com correctly displays.

Furthermore, their download page clearly displays this (incorrectly advertising 200 KBPS which honestly means nothing as there is no such measurement with uppercase "PS"):
idf61fw.png

Sometime soon I am going to take a little time out to make a list of all the stupid things like this that Xerver has incorrectly displayed on their various interfaces and will post them here in this thread as its stuff like this that doesn't make them look like a legit file host.

Update: I decided to try and run my uploads again today, for the first time in almost a week they are not failing to upload!

Upload speeds are extremely slow compared to where they were at previously, but hey at least they're allowing affiliates to upload to them again.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking time in getting back to me on this. Your post should be helpful for either those prior people or future ones who might re-visit the same misconceptions.

I don't care either way myself, as for various incremental reasons I'm not affiliated with Xerver anymore. (Unfortunate as I'll never obtain the meager sum of money I collected, but c'est la vie.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back