Status
Not open for further replies.

bxflow

XenForo does not have an option to mass delete threads from a forum category. If you delete the category the threads do not delete.

Does anyone know of any query to delete all threads belonging to a certain forum?

EDIT: I ran this SQL query

Code:
delete from `xf_thread` where `node_id`='[B][COLOR="Red"]XX[/COLOR][/B]'

Replacing XX with your node id (category id) will empty that certain category.. but I am not sure if the threads are actually gone from the database... I rebuiled the forum information and it shows the new thread count with the threads "deleted" but then I ran a rebuild thread cache and it counted all of them like if they were still there. Maybe they are now orphan somewhere?

Last edited:
5 comments
This should mass remove threads, I think this is a standard feature in XenForo, If not I'm sure there is a mod/plugin that can accomplish the same thing you're doing manually.

Rebuilding the catch should update those threads, However it could still be located in the xf_data_registry still.

This should mass remove threads, I think this is a standard feature in XenForo, If not I'm sure there is a mod/plugin that can accomplish the same thing you're doing manually.

Rebuilding the catch should update those threads, However it could still be located in the xf_data_registry still.

Well I own a legal version of vBulletin and XenForo.

Only thing XenForo to me seems to lack is themes, maybe some mods/plugins that wouldn't mind seeing ported over.

Overall I prefer both of them, but XenForo is cheaper and I don't want to upgrade to vBulletin 5.

However, I may still for one of projects of one of the domain names I own.

Regards,
Cory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back