Status
Not open for further replies.
13 comments
we are in the days of one of the biggest internet stories right now where all filehost are chikened out and closing their services

tumblr_ltippeosC01qzwksk.jpg

This will bring even more visitors on WJ !!

They were planing to launch a new version (supposedly). So it's just a good time for them to chicken out. But they did pay me most of the money when I stopped using their service a few months ago.

It's my understanding that any domain that ends in .com and another ending (either .info or .net, I can't remember), have their services routed through a company in Phoenix U.S.A. It makes no difference where the actual server is located, it uses the services of the company in Phoenix. The English guy who is being extradited to the USA for linking to copyright infringing websites, is not being extradited because his server was in the USA, but because the traffic from his server was routed through the USA. The U.S. justice department are saying that copyrighted material was routed through an American company, and therefore the person concerned can be tried under U.S law. The English guy is not being prosecuted in England, there is no case to answer under English law. It would seem that any country who has an extradition treaty with the USA, are obliged to extradite their citizens to the USA to be prosecuted for using USA companies to distribute copyrighted (Warez) material, even if they didn't know that their traffic was being routed through A US company.

So basically, any filehosting companies owner, that's website ends in .com or the other one (I wish I could remember it), can be prosecuted under US law, no matter where they live, if their country has an extradition treaty with the US, and that's why they are all suddenly getting jittery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back