Would 2Checkout as opposed to Paypal discourage you from purchasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRumerGeek

Banned
Banned
If you were purchasing a product or service, and when reaching the checkout you discovered payment was only accepted via 2Checkout as opposed to Paypal - would this potentially deter you from purchasing? Please bear in mind, you can use Paypal via 2Checkout as an option.

14 comments
If I see 2CO as an option on a site I want to buy a product/service from, I'll look for an alternative site. I would only pay at 2CO if I had absolutely no other option. My reason being that their fraud checks/procedures are extremely messed up. I've had completely legitimate orders denied/refunded by them for no apparent reason so many times in the past, it's not even funny anymore.

As a buyer, 2CO is an extremely inconvenient solution.

I have several vendors that use 2CO for payments, it does not deter me. I personally have not had a problem using them but I do know others with the same experiences as LT.

Not used 2CO, So some questions:

- some one pay with 2Co can't be disputed?
- When a user pay with 2CO they directly credit to our paypal account, or user will pay with paypal and we can see funds on 2CO?

2CO will do a fraud check on the payment- but the payment can still be disputed in retrospect if the buyer is unsatisfied with the goods I believe. It's seller protection for chargebacks when compared to Paypal is of a much higher standard, though. In regards to the funds, they will appear in your 2Checkout account and you can then specify your withdrawal method- we currently opt for weekly bank transfers.

XG

PayPal ban accounts for high fraud rates regularly. Paypal is so popular that it is a target for any scammer. Its not surprising if the seller does not offer PayPal. Furthermore, the charges that banks demand for fraud are ridiculous. They don't even accept "non-tangible" goods in terms of refunds and purchase validity. Banks still live in the stone age, and rightly so, because they make a huge bunch of cash from fraud by charging the seller. There is no reason for them to change a highly profitable situation.

Until the whole payment system is dragged into this century, there is little you can do to combat fraud, or avoid the complications are are inherent with it.

Almost 4 months on- I feel as though I should come back here to say that since implementing 2Checkout (but maintaining Paypal as a standalone option, too); over 60% of all sales are now processed through the 2Checkout merchant.

The only downside to recommending them is the fact they are charging 7.5% per transaction as intangible goods/services are classified as high risk (ridiculous when we always have a weekly balance in the account in case of any chargebacks, etc!)

XRumerGeek

Last edited:
I also prefer 2Checkout instead of PayPal, had too much headaches with PP already, last time I used PP to buy/sell something was 2 years+ ago.

Plus I am with two lawsuits against the PayPal in Federal Court due to their arbitrary actions of freezing my money for no reason.

Never had any problem with 2Checkout or MoneyBookers

Last edited:
i didnt notice any seller who uses 2CO only, although i personally prefer 2CO since buying through Paypal is not allowed in India (my country).

A further update on this guys, over 70% of our sales are now handled through 2Checkout, despite offering Paypal as a standalone option, too.

XRumerGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back