Status
Not open for further replies.

brazzO

Hello and welcome to my Wordpress Development with brazzO series.
In this thread i will be covering everything you need to know about designing, coding, setting up and managing a WordPress website.

The website that we will be designing, converting and managing will be the one that i have on the following website:
scRLS.co.uk ? Free Warez Downloads

The website is nothing special i know and is very very basic, but hey that's what we want right?

WordPress is an extremely popular method that allows the creating of blogs and other types of websites.
As we get to the end of this development series, we'll have our own website designed and converted to the WordPress platform.
First, we'll start out by designing the website on Photoshop and then we will take that design from PSD to HTML and CSS, the base of any website. We will then learn how to install and setup WordPress on our hosting while managing the content.

As this series goes on i will be giving out the source code and PSD files, please do not take them and try to claim them as your own.

The way i will do this is two videos per week, the reason for this is that i have a son who is 16 months and also i am in the middle of moving to my first home with my girlfriend.

The course will proceed as follows:

Step1:

Installation of WordPress - Complete (Video coming soon)
Get to know the dashboard - Complete (Video coming soon)
Make Wordpress more secure - In Progress
Managing & Editing Content - In Progress
Managing Comments - In Progress

Step2:

Designing the PSD - In Progress
Converting to HTML/CSS
- In Progress
Taking the HTML/CSS files and Converting them to WordPress - In Progress

Step3:

Maintaining Our Website once Finished - In Progress

Plugin Development - In Progress

more lessons are to be thought of as the series goes on, if you can think of anything then please let me know and i can cover it.

Last edited:
9 comments
Sounds like a great series, I'll keep an eye on this thread.
I understand what respected means now here on wj as I wondered what it is. You sure are respected in my view doing this kind of a tut.

:beer:

Sounds like a great series, I'll keep an eye on this thread.
I understand what respected means now here on wj as I wondered what it is. You sure are respected in my view doing this kind of a tut.

:beer:

thanks, appreciate it.
i will probably be doing the first one or two tonight then over the next few days will get the rest done.

Looking forward to seeing those, I'm sure the beginners will appreciate it a lot. (y)

i don't claim to be the best at what i do and i am still learning parts as i go also, as you know ;)
i will share what i know and my knowledge and would encourage others to get involved and when they see me make a mistake or maybe could of done something a better way then they would let me know :)

Works both ways and i am trying to get WJ members all interacting together to help out.

Part1 of this series has been added, not done the video to it as of yet but this will follow.

Here is the link for it: Installation of WordPress with brazzO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back