Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptile

I don't know if this has been discussed before but, I was actually taking a look at WJunction's Twitter account, and it looks like you have tweeted every possible thread on the forum, even of members introducing themselves, just saying whats the point of doing so?

Take a look at it
[slide]http://i2.lulzimg.com/28e0b7a915.png[/slide]

36 comments
[slide]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m337qbqg201r1j548o2_500.jpg[/slide]

Well, should it atleast post from specified categories which would benefit people such as Tutorials or Money Making Methods or anything else instead of people introducing themselves.

Last edited:
it can't really be adjusted to be honest. there is no setting in vb to show only certain forums in the rss feed and i don't wanna install yet another plugin to load the site with silly stuff that can get us hacked

Oh my god someone fire WJ tech. A plugin? What the hell are you using a vBullitin Plugin for to post tweets. Their are thousands of better ways of automating tweets. WJ has loads of RSS Feeds. One for every area. I use them on quiet a few iPhone Apps and read WJ through FlipBoard, Pluse, Google Currents and other similar apps. All you have to do is pick the best RSS feeds WJ has and use them like I have. I personally use the Announcements one, Webmaster Discussions, Tutorials and other similar ones while avoiding Introductions, Site Reviews, anything to do with hosting or file hosts, making money etc.

I went through all this before in my appropiately named Topic WJunction Twitter Account is Shit.

vBulletin has by default too, without any plugin: http://www.wjunction.com/external.php?forumids=13,14,2,6
thanks, i tried with forumids, not sure why it didn't work for me the first time

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Oh my god someone fire WJ tech. A plugin? What the hell are you using a vBullitin Plugin for to post tweets. Their are thousands of better ways of automating tweets. WJ has loads of RSS Feeds. One for every area. I use them on quiet a few iPhone Apps and read WJ through FlipBoard, Pluse, Google Currents and other similar apps. All you have to do is pick the best RSS feeds WJ has and use them like I have. I personally use the Announcements one, Webmaster Discussions, Tutorials and other similar ones while avoiding Introductions, Site Reviews, anything to do with hosting or file hosts, making money etc.

I went through all this before in my appropiately named Topic WJunction Twitter Account is Shit.

smarty pants, i was just talking about a plugin to show certain forums in the rss feed. i tried what soft2050 said and for me it didn't work. probably had a typo or something.
we currently use another tool to post the feed items to twitter and i am really sorry if the twitter account is shit. don't use it.
we will never be able to satisfy everybody
and no need to fire me yet, but please be more polite, i have a mighty ban hammer

joking... very long day, it's not like i just browse forums all day long :P

I was thinking as we used to use twitterfeed when I checked a few months back. You'd be mad to use a plugin to post to Twitter. As for the RSS Plugin feeds can be cached as they rarely update which can reduce load if your worried about slowing the site.

I'd say Announcements, Webmaster Discussions and Tutorials.
Webmaster Resources as well. It doesn't get many posts and they are generally of ok quality. It will also reinforce the fact this is a "Webmaster Forum".

I was thinking as we used to use twitterfeed when I checked a few months back. You'd be mad to use a plugin to post to Twitter. As for the RSS Plugin feeds can be cached as they rarely update which can reduce load if your worried about slowing the site.

Webmaster Resources as well. It doesn't get many posts and they are generally of ok quality. It will also reinforce the fact this is a "Webmaster Forum".

I used to use Twitterfeed to send tweets automatically from select areas of my forum it was dead easy to configure and didn't need any plugins at all, it simply used the RSS feed built in to vBulletin.

JGM.

Use dlvr.it - its much better than twitterfeed.

I think you should feed the news & announcements forum, polling plaza forum and the webmaster discussions/resources forums only.

Should also feed the same thing to a facebook page.

Also get something to auto retweet other people's relevent tweets (webmaster related) - that helps a lot.

Oh my god someone fire WJ tech.

Need a chill pill? You really need to stop being aggressively annoying all the time. i really appreciate the fact you care and trying to help, but each 2nd post you are showing your dissatisfaction about something, so there is a way to try to help and just being aggressive on people. so cool down please, this kind of talk is not welcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back