Status
Not open for further replies.
16 comments
How exactly you see something like that?
I mean, I have access to stats, you don't, so, how can you possibly know if there's a drop or raise in traffic?

How exactly you see something like that?
I mean, I have access to stats, you don't, so, how can you possibly know if there's a drop or raise in traffic?

you know, we have a nice site called alexa.com, plz try it its wonderful
and according to it,
SVq304F.png

the starts of feb - march says everything OP wants to.

And i guess OP intention is to make something cool which boosts traffic again!

and according to it,
SVq304F.png

the starts of feb - march says everything OP wants to.

And i guess OP intention is to make something cool which boosts traffic again!

Alexa is not all that accurate...... How you know it wasn't that we lost 700 daily users who used the alexa toolbar and gained 1,500 daily users who dont use alexa toolbar. That is still an increase but to Alexa that is a traffic decrease because those new users dont use the toolbar. Just an example.

Get rid of that habbit to use tools that aren't meant for professionals immu. Only using server statistics, you can have real insight of the actual traffic (some people would say GA too). That is the reason why I said how can he possibly know that, since he doesn't have access to any of those.

Alexa doesn't show anything else except traffic from infected computers with their bloatware on it. I knew there will be someone saying 'ALEXA', that's so predictible. Every hit I make on this, or any other site, alexa have no clue about it, because, I don't have their crap installed in my browser, so they can't follow me around.

And I beg you to stop using alexa as trustful source of someone's traffic, because it is not a measurement of anything. It's like saying road is 240534 nails long.

If 80% of people visiting certain site don't have crapware installed, alexa won't show them. It will show only 20% of real visitors, who have crapware installed. How's that a measure then?

LOL look at the chatbox. It becomes dead for hours at times. Traffic is definitely dropping.

It's almost 5AM in some countries... -.- for your info, atm there's 200+ people on this site. They don't have to chat to prove their presence, or have to post in forum.

This issue is all time..

And I beg you to stop using alexa as trustful source of someone's traffic, because it is not a measurement of anything. It's like saying road is 240534 nails long.

If 80% of people visiting certain site don't have crapware installed, alexa won't show them. It will show only 20% of real visitors, who have crapware installed. How's that a measure then?

It's almost 5AM in some countries... -.- for your info, atm there's 200+ people on this site. They don't have to chat to prove their presence, or have to post in forum.

Guests are people too, shiver so they naturally belong to those 200+ people on site. Members are registered users, and people too. Most fo the forum can be viewed without registering. Hows that changing the fact that there's 200+ people on this site atm?

Traffic was down..
This issue is all time..

No idea what you are trying to say. Traffic is normal, completely. Traffic can vary, but there's no traffic drop. You need a bigger sample to say there's traffic drop, or sudden drop by many folds, to say there's traffic drop.
Traffic can vary on daily basis, on weekly basis, depending which day it is, it can vary on monthly basis, on yearly... There's ups and downs all the time. Nothing to even be mentioned. This is what I'm trying to say from post one. -.-

So the conclusion is that alexa is gay and WJ is awesome and according to me its activity has increased since hawk took over most of the old members have come back

YOU ARE A FAGOT!!!
and you my friend, will be banned asap cvrle will see this :3

@mod/admin: sorry xD
please remove this part - or the whole post if you like

@topic:
well 200+ viristors is good traffic.
i also was a visitor for a long time.
i just registered to ask a question. So till then i'm active here and then. (Well not that active, but at least i have some posts other than: "help me")

On top it's starting to get springtime. So lot's of people have other things to do than sitting all day in their dark room, drinking coffee and cola in front of their pc.

Having 280 Users online on the morning (here it's moring) isn't something you can set as low traffic. (i suppose there are a few invisible members as well - so it's probably more)
Just look at the online-stats when it's rushhour here.

alexa isn't really nice. But nearly all the people use them for checking about the site-reputation. even most of the advertising-companies just check the alexa rang to accept your site - or not.
But i think: If your site gets bigger and get's lots of reputation outside alexa, don't even try to argue with alexa-statistics.

if i look on the topics there's always new posts. and nearly everywhere.

to take the shoutbox as activity-barometer won't work either.
Lot's of people won't use them, since most of the time there isn't a really talk, but just some nonesense or s.o. asking to talk to a mod ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back