Status
Not open for further replies.

PremiumRDA

Hello,

I am wondering if someone knows how i can put a .txt file or a folder in more than one archive in the same time.

lets make this simple:

text.txt

into

archive.rar
archive1.rar
archive2.rar
archive3.rar
and so on

Please if you know how let me know :)

Thank you for reading.

8 comments
How many Archived files have you got that you need the text file inserted into? Are you after some sort of script that will do this for you?

I don't think there are any functions like that in Winrar, as it wasn't made to make multiple archives but instead make one big file and compress everything.
But you can just drag and drop the text file for each archive.
Make me topic on my forums if u need more help.

If you're referring to inserting .nfo, .txt and .url files into your .rar or .zip files that refer the dl'er back to your site with userid # (for referral counts) then I have a program (developed by a dear friend) that I could provide. This program is not for general distribution so please pm me and I'll provide a link. Please note, this program will "only" work at the time that you are compiling the ".rar" files. This is an important distinction. The program will not work to insert this material into existing .rar files. Furthermore, it does not work in anything other than .rar files.

P.S. I hope this is not against the rules and if it is I sincerely appologize.

Sincerely,
ShovellinSnow

Here you go. Save the script to the folder with the text.txt file and call it raradd.cmd
@ECHO OFF
:: parameters:
:: %1 is drive letter only
:: %2 is folder name
for /r "%1:%2" %%g in (*) do (
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Winrar\WinRAR.exe" a "%%g" text.txt
)

Replace the address of the winrar file and put the text.txt and this file in a different folder from the rar files.

run the command with drive and folder parameters like this: raradd e myfolder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back