Windows 7 vs Windows 8, Which is best for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows 7 is robust and support is widely available
If you are using a touch screen and want to make full use of touch screen, Windows 8 is okay.

However please note Microsoft themselves are not bullish about Windows 8 hence released Windows 10 recently

I prefer Windows 8.
I was user of XP ==>Vista==>7==>8 and can say that 8 is nice upgrade of 7. People who says metro is bad just did not use it intensively.

Basic V2 -> Geos -> AmigaOS -> Ms-Dos -> Windows 3.1/95/98/Me/Xp/Vista -> Windows 7 now....... i'm a bit older than you...... :P

I still do not feel need for Windows 8.1...... I wait Windows 10 looks promising :sun:

hello everyone,
anyone used both Windows 7 and Windows 8, please share experiences on them, which is best for beginners and useful for our work. Windows 7 is more advantages than windows 8 ?
Both are nice.

Depending your PC configuration, Win7 could be better for less powerfull machines.
I use win7. Win 8 have lots of good resources, but I still prefere performance.

I'm surprised there are so many fans of Win 8 and 8.1 here, reason being that in my social circle at least I have been inundated with people begging me to downgrade them back to 7 because they hate 8 and 8.1. I think indications that Microsoft realized people are not entirely satisfied with 8 is when they declared 8.1 is going to feel more like 7 :) and now after they announced the release of Win 9 they suddenly retracted that and said we are coming out with a new all singing all dancing Win 10 instead that will feel really like Windows 7 and work on virtually everything. Personally I think all these so called improved versions are just a way to earn more money and till I see drastic improvements I'll happily stay with 7. Maybe someone should remind Microsoft of the old adage "If it's not broken, don't fix it".

hello everyone,
anyone used both Windows 7 and Windows 8, please share experiences on them, which is best for beginners and useful for our work. Windows 7 is more advantages than windows 8 ?

I have 7 and love it.Ive never had a problem with it.For anyone that ever had 2000,7 is almost like but much more stable and reliable.Most of the folks I know that use 8 just say its ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back