Windows 7 vs Windows 8, Which is best for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially, I actually didn't mind Windows 8. I had quickly gotten used to it and did not understand why it was hated so much. I knew where everything was moved and how to access it. Eventually however, I missed the start menu and such as it was a pain to have to navigate through so many extra menu screens just to get to the application I wanted. I could be way more efficient on Windows 7, so I installed some third party software to provide similar functionality.

personal experience with both windows 7 and 8 i can tell you performance wise windows 8 / 8.1 is far superior to windows 7, the only + to windows 7 would be it's native start menu which many have grown to love but this can easily be fixed with classic shell or any of the other tools.

Go with windows 8.1 if you have the choice, it's faster, more secure and better in all aspects besides the start menu (which mentioned can be fixed).

I know that Windows 8 has made a number of different improvement in the last few months – I still do not care for it. Most of the programs that you see are to make Windows 8 look more like Windows 7 – why not save the hassle and go with a program that you know works

Windows 8

I'm using Windows for a long time now. Since Windows 95 I upgraded every time when there was a new version, I even used Windows Vista which I really liked because of the new interface and the new functions made available (despite what other said that it was a bad OS). I loved Windows 7 because it was Windows Vista reinvented and much more stable, but now with Windows 8 it's a lot of good stuff going on here. The new Metro interface it's very useful and as a developer you can create apps very easy. Still the bad thing about Windows 8 is that with every update they are removing good stuff, with the next update (I still hope not) they want to get rid of the Metro interface and get back the Start Menu with Metro incorporated, but that's just weird, I hope that they will add a function to let you choose if you want the Start Menu or just the Metro.

Anyway, I recommend Windows 8 over any other Windows. Cheers!:-=

Windows 7

In my opinion windows 8 was a complete step in the wrong direction for windows... i understand that they wanted to hit the touch market and make something excessible for that sort of product but really you would think that a company that big would steer away from gimics... in any case, windows 7 works... not the greatest OS in the world, but it does what its suppose to... Most of the time lol

hello everyone,
anyone used both Windows 7 and Windows 8, please share experiences on them, which is best for beginners and useful for our work. Windows 7 is more advantages than windows 8 ?

I don't like window 8. It seems to crash my computer.
I still prefer window xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back