Status
Not open for further replies.

pi0tr3k

Ok maybe a stupid question but it's been a while since I did a OS reinstall on a PC :P
I have bought a HP laptop 2 years ago with legal WIN 7 etc and I want to reinstall it now because it's slow as fuck ..

I don't see my serial in computer properties but I know there are apps to recover your keys etc..

My question is, if I download illegal version of WIN 7 from internet , and I use my serial from my legal version, will my WIN 7 still be legal or not? :P
Or will it give those stupid error messages like " your version is not genuine" ... :139:

Thanks!

5 comments
Your laptop is most likely OEM activated with slic 2.1, you might have to install a HP certificate and then activate with your key.

You will find a HP Cert at mydigitallife

You have to find the HP OEM version of windows, it will not ask you product key and you continue to receive windows updates becoz what is installed is genuine os.

If it's a Win7 Home Premium, just download one ISO from the MSDN collection (google it).

Try to active OS with your OEM key. If you receive invalid key message, keep trying until you get phone activation option. Just call MS through Skype and activate. Phone activation will work without any issues.

Did you find the key ? Usually you can find a sticker with license key on the back side of the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back