Will this make you change to chrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've just added Chrome right after I posted...and am using it now...
Anyway I already went to a page that has a popup that I could never get blocked in FF and Chrome just didn't show it...haven't added anything so there's one * from me already...
For an old man to get used to it may not be as much as an issue as I was thinking either.

EDIT: it just popped up so fast behind I didn't notice...LMAO

chrome has like a 3 sec lag where you enter the url and it just sits there, plus once you get some tabs open it hogs resources as well, and doesn't respond like a bitch

with only like 25 tabs open the thing was not responding constantly, i normally browse firefox with a shit load of tabs open currently i have 32 tabs open

Chrome FTW!

-Faster
-Better to see source codes etc Developing in General
-It runs each tab as a process so if 1 tab fails you wont have to re-start the whole app
-It needs less resources which its awesome if you dont have a 2010 PC

ROFL I can vouch for the speed too. Before I went to Mozilla i use IE i was used to the speed and thought it was fast. Started Using FF then I saw it was fuck fast :w00t: and when I came back to IE because my ff executable was corrupted was trying to download it and the IE was loading horribly :p Same thing except when I went to Chrome and I had to use the archview plugin I notice that the speed was unbearable on FF :p Anyways Chrome is fast plus not to mention the Developer source viewer and the loading time timeline for each element option in chrome is pretty cool and useful :)

oh and my pc specs:
[slide]http://imgcafe.com/uploads/untitl-1275614398.png[/slide]

upgrade? to what xD

Amd Phenom II x4 965 OCed to 3.8
with 6GB ddr3 @ 1600
a 5870 and a 5770 crossfire

and the rig im on atm is

Amd Phenom II x4 965 stock @ 3.4
with 2gb ddr3 1333 upgrading soon

not much that i can upgrade to make chrome faster

ive had the same problem with all of my pc's, it's a good browser but there is not much on there that i can't get on ff if not nothing

I think chrome is really awesome. I tried it when it first came out however went back to ff. Tried it again recently, its great!

Although I'm not much of a fan of WebKit engine I quite like Chrome. However Chrome still looks more like platform preview similar to IE9. Sure it has some in-built functions, but AddOn support for Chrome is still quite limited in contrast of that in Firefox. Rendering engine is quite fast, maybe like in that video, but in real world web page don't load as fast, unless they are cached. I read somewhere that they stated while making that video that the web pages were on LAN.

Unfortunately as long as Add Ons support won't be as good as in Firefox and until there will be Smart Bookmarks Bar addon and AdBlock Plus (as good as in Firefox, that means when addons for Chrome will be able to control traffic, blocking ads before they even load) I will be stuck with Firefox/Minefield :/

Yeah, if there were only webs with similar non-intrusive advertisements like AdSense I would not need Adblock. So those webs with silly ads "You've won 1000000 millions, Click here to claim your prize!" are virtually only thing that's keeping me from switching over to Chrome.

Phew that was quite a long post. Rtlx out :))

Yes I gotta agree that chrome is faster.

The only reason I'm staying on firefox is that, it has the bbcode extension and the URL extension, thats whenever I tried leeching from other sources I just right click and copy image, it will automatically add the [ IMG ] tags and if the links are hyperlinks, I'd just need to highlight all the links and right click copy URL, I'd get the links without having to copy link location one by one(if there are lotta mirrors or parts in the download link). So yeah, if anyone comes up with such extensions in chrome. I'd prolly just move to chrome. But I've been a firefox user for at least 7-8 years.. lol..

Chrome is faster but has been really unstable for me lately. It's been giving me some cookie full crap page when visiting eBay or hotmail or other sites that require a login.

Google already collects enough private data. Firefox is the browser that saved us from the trash that is Internet Explorer so FF gets my love.

Unless Google pays me to use Chrome they know where they can stick it :). And faster? Yes maybe - if 0.3 seconds means that much.

I dunno if it will make me to switch to Chrome but it will definitely make me to download the video! :P Like the video lol

Google already collects enough private data. Firefox is the browser that saved us from the trash that is Internet Explorer so FF gets my love.

Unless Google pays me to use Chrome they know where they can stick it :). And faster? Yes maybe - if 0.3 seconds means that much.

It's definitely not 0.3 seconds faster. It's more. You can really tell it's faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back