Will Google+ be successful?

Will Google+ be successful or a flop like Buzz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't go down well with the average non-nerdy teenager, seems way too "professional" and designed for working adults.

It seems that most of you are missing the big picture.

Facebook has 2 different member categories.

One that wants to talk and meet and chat and and and.
One that wants to play the awesome games that Facebook offers.And we talk about billion users.

Also speak to yourself the word facebook and the word google plus.what is more appealing?

Just loving it ! I will give away FREE INVITES when Google allows .. Currently it's stopped.

Only enable chat for people who you trust. Your chat contacts may be able to discover your email address. :|

Last edited:
Just loving it ! I will give away FREE INVITES when Google allows .. Currently it's stopped.

Only enable chat for people who you trust. Your chat contacts may be able to discover your email address. :|

If you get invited first before I do, remember me. :) - I'll do the same.

Well, I have been in the social scene for a 3-4 years now. I was using MySpace when it was BIGGER than Facebook, back with its first original profile (when everyone in the world loved it)

To people saying MySpace sucked, it really didn't suck. It had so much on Facebook, things people loved. The music player, custom backgrounds and themes for YOUR page, etc.. PEOPLE (mainly teens) loved these. When MySpace took them away, it killed it...forever. How do I know this? Because people talk about it on Facebook or even face to face like me and other friends. Teens LOVE stuff like this.

After realizing that NO social site will ever have the features MySpace did, people had to choose: Facebook or MySpace (fast and simple [[Facebook]] verus slow and complex [[MySpace - their new design/layout]])

To those talking about timing, I don't think that has anything to do with it. I believe social networks grow by targeting younger people first. More teens and younger people use the internet for friends and chatting. How often do you go into Yahoo! chat rooms or AIM rooms and find middle aged people? Not very often, usually younger aged people.

Facebook was smart and realized that also, teens/younger people (this can also be applied to any age really) LOVE reading about their friends and what others are doing, because in high school you also wanted to know who was fucking who, etc.. So Facebook made the Activity feed that showed what ALL of your friends were doing.

Now, once thousands of teens signed up.. Parents started to wonder about it. Remember when Facebook first came out and all the bullying was going on and kids getting killed because of Facebook? I believe that once parents found out about this, they joined to "watch" or "monitor" their child. I see my friends parents in the "Suggested Friends" all the time, which is honestly quiet weird. So now, you got a bunch of teens with parents all joining. Now parents realize they can keep in touch with old friends so they all start spreading the word, etc..

Now, I don't see "Ghetto" or "Hoodlums" using Google+ just because it doesn't look like a site that any of them would go on. Facebook is just a plain page with a logo and text, it will fit anyone. MySpace was so popular because people could make their page ANYTHING... If I wanted a weed background, I had it. If I wanted to put my favorite songs on my page, I could.. PEOPLE LOVE THIS SHIT. Facebook is just a way to stalk your friends which is why everyone will use it. Also, Facebook is a huge cause of break-ups / drama in high school so everyone also uses it to keep up with news/rumors/etc.

For a new social site to come up and take the scene, they would need all of this to overcome Facebook..

Thats my look on it. :P

EDIT: Also, to kinda prove my point.. Look at Facebook, it started with college kids (younger aged people ;))

Last edited:
It seems that most of you are missing the big picture.

Facebook has 2 different member categories.

One that wants to talk and meet and chat and and and.
One that wants to play the awesome games that Facebook offers.And we talk about billion users.

Also speak to yourself the word facebook and the word google plus.what is more appealing?

Glad someone brought up the Games argument. I'll get to chat later.

Let's start with Facebook and the way it's games work.
Most people have heard of zynga so I'll use it as an example. It's a multi million dollar company about to go billion as it has a IPO planned very soon which has built itself up on Facebook making games. These games, like the company though, aren't tied to Facebook. Zynga can go wherever they want with the games. Sorta the same way angry birds is on iPhone, Android and even regular websites. It's not tied to one platform. Zynga, along with most of the other game developers can transfer their games over to Google+ like the way iPhone games have made their way to Android.
Now the thing is, and it's a big thing, Facebook takes 30% of all money Zynga makes through it's website and that's a huge cut. Google makes it's money from advertising so game developers will make far more money on Google+ as they don't have a 30% fee automatically removed from whatever they make.

Now let's look at Google and it's Games
Well to start with it obviously doesn't have any games yet as it's just launched but Google has being in talks with some of the big game developers during it's design and launch and game developers are very excited. So who are these companies interested? Well Kevin Chou, CEO of core-gamer focused Kingdoms of Camelot developer Kabam has spoken very positively about Google+ and it's opportunity for games as has Jonathan Knight, SVP of Games at Zoo World house RockYou who said "People who play games on social networks typically have groups of people they play games with, who don't necessarily overlap with 'true' friends they see socially," while refering to Google Circles. This is an excellent point. Lots of people have online friends that play games that aren't in their social circle. The opposite is also true. You don't want your mother or uncle involved in game discussions etc.
Another huge plus Google has is it's video chat. The video is open source any developer can build on which will allow users to play games while interacting with each other on video. This is technology Google owns and is using which will generate huge interest.
So when will these games start?
"We don't have any specific details to share on our plans around incorporating games into Google Plus," said Google senior manager of global communications and public affairs Katie Watson in a statement. "But, it's important to keep in mind this is an ongoing project and this is just the beginning. We plan to add a lot of features and functionality to Google Plus over time. We're just excited to get started."

Just another note. Encase you don't think Zynga won't build games for Google+ remember that Google invested $300 million with Softbank in 2010.

That's enough for today. I'll leave pwning you with the chat argument till tomorrow.

Last edited:
^
Nice :D
Would rep you but the system is being a dick.
It says I have to spread some moar reps before I can give it to you -_-

i voted YES. it's much better then wave or buzz. this 2 really sucked ass. :)

but i must say that i really like google+

the question is just how many people will use it, or get used from FB to G+

but they got some really good things there. :)

like the hangout for webcams etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back