Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimA

Veteran
I see threads with hits for sale.. but I'm curious, is there any legitimate point for it besides attempting to deceive and defraud prospective advertisers?

It's bot traffic, iFrame traffic, or it's in some ways screwed with. So why do you think it increases the value of your website? It's basically buying shit.

Perhaps there's some misconception as to what "Google traffic" is.

Google traffic is a visitor that searches in Google.com for a query and then locates your website in the results and clicks on it.
Google traffic is not a bunch of shitty iFrame/bot traffic directed through a premade search query.

Do you think Google isn't aware of these retarded tactics? In return you're probably ranked lower or even removed from search listings entirely because of spam practices.

Why do you think there's huge differences in price between legitimate traffic and junk traffic? 1,000 real targeted visitors could easily be worth $1,000.. so don't you think there's something a little off when you only pay $5? You can fit that Ferrari bodykit on to your shitty '87 Toyota all you like, but you aren't fooling anyone.

/endrant

8 comments
I don't see this thread as rant. This is education well done.

I agree with both of you, defo not a rant.

And im with the OP there is no real point, unless you are aiming to improve your alexia rank, and as pointed out defraud others into spending money advertising on your site, with great looking traffic where as infact its all false traffic

Cheers
Mark

You seem very upset about traffic sellers is all I gathered. You provided no evidence to support any of your claims. 1,000 "real targeted" visitors at a $1,000 price tag is possible but also highly inaccurate. Being removed or lowered in rank by Google is unlikely to happen with "fake" traffic.

Honestly with no real points your thread that you're advertising in other people's threads is pointless and spammy.

It's funny that someone had to make this thread, even though it's so obvious. I guess it's mostly new webmasters that go with those methods, so excited to get some traffic. Or, as you've said, use the fake traffic to scam people into buying links on their site.

Just stop doing it.

Selling organic traffic is the pits, it creates a buzz due to people thinking they are getting more than they are and it will give long term benefits due to Organic showing in there GA stats, but you are just getting normal fake traffic or worse.

Increasing organic traffic should be natural and take a lot of time, or it could be increased with some SEO packages involving many hours work (and again a lot of time & then its not really organic but close to it?)

Sellers would fake referrers with Google queries so your GA logs show organic traffic, but it isn't organic and to achieve this many would use proxies, so you would really be receiving the most useless traffic there is and led to believe its the best due to the buzz work 'Organic'

You cant sell one off Organic traffic, its 100% a scam.

I don't think Google would penalise sites boosted with most types of fake traffic, but I bet they detect proxy traffic at the end of the day it's Google if they can log it they will. Its common knowledge if you click bomb a search result for your site it can increase ratings but..... Google will also know this now and will have some mechanism in place (this would be keyword boosting traffic)

I get frustrated when I see traffic for sale threads on WJ because most of them are iFrame,bot traffic and yet people thinks its actual interested people visiting their sites. OMG MY ALEXA RANK WILL INCREASE!! Who gives a shit! I prefer to have a site with an alexa rank of 5,000,000 that gets 200 hits a day than a site with an alexa rank of 120,000 that gets 50 users a day.

Unfortunately most of what is sold on forums is junk because people are looking to make money where ever they can. Fraudulent traffic grows every year and last I checked is expected to surpass $3 Billion dollars this year in digital media.

Most established companies - do not allow this. Yeah there are some established companies who are on here selling legit traffic. But people don't know the best way to just sell legit traffic - is pops. Forget all the little tricks.

I have clients who buy pops from me, and they market their product, get email signs up, and if there is no email sign ups - they have banners on the landing page so they are still trimming a profit. None the less there are many great ways to go about buying and selling traffic. The question is, are you doing it right? and is the person you are dealing with doing it right?

i think the googlebot will come often, if your traffic higher.
it's my experience.
so if you just now started your site, you can 'activate' bot with a bought traffic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back