Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy~s

As mentioned, we require proof of who you are and offered you an opportunity to prove it. Since you ignore that direct request to once again claim innocence instead, we've removed your ad and disabled your account.
If you'd like to avoid making this permanent, please provide the requested proof.
We will close this while you consider your next step, but replying will reopen it. If you do, make sure it's to help this issue move forward.

'bear'
WHT Community Leader

They are making me give them ID?
Are they allowed to handle such info about people?

16 comments
Of course they're allowed. It's must, especially if you paid for something. It's prevention, a lot of people are paying with stolen PayPal accounts, stolen credit cards, etc.

Are you trying to sell hosting? Everyone would be glad to provide ID when he's selling something. Just to show to the Administration that he's not some kiddo.

Are you trying to sell hosting? Everyone would be glad to provide ID when he's selling something. Just to show to the Administration that he's not some kiddo.

I have provided ID to paypal/ebay. I do not see why i should provide ID to a forum.

I have provided ID to paypal/ebay. I do not see why i should provide ID to a forum.

Why would they trust on your word? Today, anyone can make PayPal account, buy WHMCS license. And what not. I can tell you that they are doing great job, serious person would provide his ID scan right away if he's trying to sell something.

Why would they trust on your word? Today, anyone can make PayPal account, buy WHMCS license. And what not. I can tell you that they are doing great job, serious person would provide his ID scan right away if he's trying to sell something.

So if your going on about your self being serious.
They do not even like this forum.

Comment from them before.

We see that you posted over on Wjunction that you were engaged, yet you have kids?

They have the right to ask for anything, definitely. Whether it's a forum or not, it is theirs, they own it, they manage it, if they want to ask members for a scanned ID on registration, they can do it.

However, I doubt they're naive, the only reason they would ask for an ID is to obviously verify you, as a person. I don't see any harm in it, all you have to do is ask them if they will keep your data private, if they confirm that they'll protect your privacy, then do it. I assume you're conducting or offering a service over there and that's why they asked for an ID.

If you want to do business, you should prepare for verification processing, it's business, not a game room. Unless what you're offering is illegal, or you're planning to smooch away with the moolah.

Verification is good for you, once verified, potential customers will feel comfortable dealing with you, because you've been verified, think of the bigger picture.

If it's for something commercial like you want to advertise I see why. Private forums have private rules. You can always walk away and not use it I guess.

Agree with El-J if you are are trying to do legal business then I see no problem in doing this, and being verified is a good thing, I dont know if they give you a label that says VERIFIED next to your name or something but if it does thats a plus for you and gives you potential clients

bear is not an asshole or whatever was stated. WHT is a business and should be treated as such. It's not a warez forum selling $1 text links. They have a lot to monitor there and if you're serious at all, just send them whatever they need.

Wow, looks like he's maybe done a runner. Site is totally unreachable for 2 days now, and no more posts or replies. Perhaps they had good reason to ask for ID after all. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back