Which PHP Framework should I use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghurreds

I've seen a lot of PHP Frameworks lately, and many seem to recommend Laravel. Now I did use Laravel, but I was wondering how other frameworks compare to Laravel, if you have experience with any other such as CodeIgniter, Symfony and such, could you share it? I want to explore more Frameworks just than Laravel, and I am not sure which ones are good or similar to Laravel. I also feel like Laravel has a bit of too much automation, how are other popular frameworks in this field?

6 comments
I also prefer Laravel, but if you don't like it's magic behind the scenes, you could use Symfony. Laravel also uses some Symfony components under the hood.

I used to use codeigniter before, and then i switched to laravel, yes. Laravel is great. I also use laravel on my other sites and they can actually handle a huge traffic websites. Well, as long that your codes are perfectly optimized then, you're good.

Maybe you do'nt understand much about MVC pattern. So If you want to understand more about MVC easily. Try codeigniter framework. Then go back to using Laravel. Because it's a good framework and has a large community to use. That is good for learning

I would suggest building a website using MVC instead of frameworks (it's my personal opinion) MVC allows you to basically build own framework, now with current php 7.4 caching standards you can optimize your website to handle traffic better than sites builded using other languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back