Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like Apple ,then go for latest Macbook Air.....fastest ever laptop because of flash HDD....and a lot of battery backup because of more space for battery due to the flash HDD

a834dd.jpg

Otherwise go for Dell

what the hell is with macs that makes them so damn expensive?

having a dell laptop for 8 years without major problems would be acceptable to me, maybe i'm being too optimistic, as i've only ever had a desktop, but would like a lappy...problem is, there's just too many to choose from.

sony = expensive (+ no d_t_r models)
dell = heated as hell
hp = should never make laptops
lenovo = useless
macbook = is a brick

I'd like to recommend only Asus Roc, Alienware, XMG or MSI. O_fc top laptop models

sounds about right. the other replies seem to be opinion-based, no harm in that, just that it doesn't give a clear view of how the laptops suit me, for example.

i'd be interested in good video performance so yeah, alienware looks nasty :D not sure about the others suggested, never heard of them before. will look 'em up ;)

Get an HP 4530s.. lion works on it and so does gheydows.. has a numpad which I loved in the review <3

Sent from my Blade

yeah dell have recently bad reputation coz use cheap materials... they give 3 year warranty coz its the only way to keep costumers attracted. Its like seagate 5 year for hard drives which die in first year :D
Anyways I wouldn't choose pc by brand I would choose it by model/performance/reliability... choose model/spec, read reviews, common problems and then decide....
As an example my friend has dell 15" battery died in half year, hdd in year, and the keyboard buttons got cleared in 6 months...
My 4 years old 17" hp is still like new, battery holds up to 2hours, the only thing is heat, dvd slimdrive was replaced after 2,5 year warranty, but thats normal and usually happens when writing too much, now hard drives are ticking for death, but that's mainly due to heat and again seagate :D

Go for the Macbook Pro 13" if you're looking for something pretty good but not too expensive (relatively!)

If you really want Windows running alongside Mac, then get the 15" or 17" model which has a Quad Core Processor. The 13" 2 core processor doesn't run both OS's perfectly.

If you don't mind using Windows separately, then go for the 13" and install Windows through BootCamp. (Basically lets you choose what OS you want to boot in first!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back