Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenup

Hello,

I'm owning a website with high traffic, sometimes, it's full load so can you show me factors when I need a VPS for my website?

Any shares?

19 comments
We need to know your daily pageviews and bandwidth to suggest you regarding the same.
Generally, a shared node would be enough if your website has about 4000-10000 pageviews a week/month. It again depends on the type of bandwidth. Some websites consume a lot of bandwidth due to images. Some require lots of db requests .. the list goes on.

I'd suggest you to go for Cloud, it's scalable, and you can buy as you grow. That's the best option for growing websites.

If you are having a website with high traffic, then your website will contain huge data which requires good security. I would like to suggest you to go for a dedicated server hosting rather than a vps hosting. A dedicated hosting will provide you with more memory, more disk space and more bandwidth for your high traffic. It also provides a dedicated support service 24/7 with a high security.

You can ignore about VPS if your current hosting provider assign more resources to your service, just check with them.

It depends on several factors a good optimized site in shared hosting should be able to handle quite high traffic in peak hours (this also depends on your host provider ) and if you feel your site started to load slow then you might go for VPS or semi dedicated

If you only have a "standard" website, shared hosting is often the best option. When you need special things in your hosting environment then you should consider vps or dedicated server. Often you can get a better performing vps with less RAM then a high RAM dedicated server because of the disk I/O.
Unless you want to spend a couple of hundreds each month on the dedicated.

If you feel for complete control or if you want send more emails then you have to go for a vps. Sometimes people looking for excellent performance and stability that's whay they want to expand the level of present performance and want to customize the appearances and settings then vps is the best option for them.

Thank you........

Hello,

I'm owning a website with high traffic, sometimes, it's full load so can you show me factors when I need a VPS for my website?

Any shares?

If you are experiencing heavy traffic, you primarily need good bandwidth and disk space to handle the load. If you are currently on shared hosting and feel that it cannot handle the traffic on your website, then you should definitely go for a VPS plan. Could you provide more details about your website, so it would be easier to guide you.

If you are experiencing heavy traffic, you primarily need good bandwidth and disk space to handle the load. If you are currently on shared hosting and feel that it cannot handle the traffic on your website, then you should definitely go for a VPS plan. Could you provide more details about your website, so it would be easier to guide you.

Why would you say disk space need to handle the load? isn't ram and cpu?

if you have more than 4000 unique visitor a day, you will need a vps.

No.
There is no "rule" like that. A Shared hosting may mean that a server is shared between 5 people, each paying $50. A VPS can be shared with 20 people paying $20 each. What do you think would be better in that case.. Shared or VPS?

It ALL depends on the type of website, the type of load the traffic brings and the type of host you are with. I once ran a 20k daily uv forum on a 384MB RAM VPS. Now i run a 2k daily uv website on an 8GB RAM server. It really depends on the website you are running and on the host you are with. A good host will offer you an upgrade if you are causing too much load for the other clients on a shared server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back