When downloading a file, what do you like to see when extracted? [OPINIONS NEEDED!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkFire

If you could give your input on just one of these questions, it would be a huge help/insight...

Okay, so imagine you download a movie, album, application etc.
When you extract the zipped/rar/7z/etc file, what peeves you to see in it, what do you like to see etc?

For example do you like to see .nfo files? What about 'Readme' files? How about a link to the suppliers website? Screenshots of program, app, etc, or if youve downloaded it already would that be pointless to have those?

What about the title of the download...do you prefer the anonymity of, for example, the Fast Five movie to come in a file titled AHFG5482.zip or the bold FastFive1080p.zip. What about if the file had a URL in the name (AHFG5482[EmpireWarez.com].zip? Or does it not matter to you?

Passwords? (in the form of [SOandSO.com] , or [USERNAME@SOandSO.com] on downloaded files, while I know they are annoying, I know its a great marketing scheme.)

And LAST question... downloading a 1.7GB file... do you like 17, 100mb parts? 4 500mb parts? One giant 1.7GB part? Maybe a torrent link and also these file-hosted links?

I know its a ton of questions, but I think it would be a huge insight to me and others if we could get some opinions out there.

Thanks SO much for your time!!

-LinkFire

3 comments
Re: downloading a file

I download movies with torrents so most of them are not compressed. But there are times when I download a zipped film, I don't read the readme of .nfo files because they just contain the name of the uploader and some details of their website. I just want to see if the downloaded movie is working.

Titles are important as there are tons of zipped files in my computer and without titles I won't be able to find the desired zip. It does not matter to me if the file-name has URL in it, as long as its named.

Can't say much about the passwords, I hat password protected zipped files and usually avoid downloading such files.

If it is torrent then downloading a single 1.78 GB file is no problem but downloading it with browser means that you can not pause the download and a slight error in internet can cause the download to fail some times the file is 95% downloaded and things go wrong so you have to start over. If its downloaded by the browser then the uploader should decide a fair slices of file like for 1.78 Gig I would say it should be around 300MB/file or 250MB/file but that is just my opinion based on my internet speed.

I don't care for readme files, etc I just delete them anyway.
File names are important, but this makes detection and deletetion happen faster.
I don't care for password files
Perhaps change the name of the movie exension is the only way to slow detetion of zipped file containers- then change it once downloded
A choice of file size is a nice option, 4-5 parts and 1 file size works best.

the right file

I would like to see the file that I have downloaded as it is annoying downloading something just to find out that it needs a password which there was no mention off when starting the download as this is happening a lot when downloading from newsgroups and some torrent sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back