Status
Not open for further replies.

Terror

Banned
Banned
Hey guys and girls.

First, I'm not looking for stupid answers, or posts saying 'you won't succeed etc' I really couldn't give two flicks about negative comments.

Thanks to those that post proper, mature comments that help ;)

- I'm looking for a dedicated server to begin a small hosting company, What exactly would I need if I want to offer WHM + cPanel, what would the setup for the dedicated be?

I'm looking at containing 50+ clients on this server.

A price range would also be great.

Cheers everyone ;)

5 comments
32 bit centos is a must for web hosting.

I'm not completely sure about tech specs for 50+ people, never tried it but you'll probably need an intel xeon cpu.

You're also probably looking at $200+ /month (not including cpanel/whm)

I would actually recommend multiple vps's or cheap dedicateds to run 50 people.

Hey there, you probably already know it's not easy to run hosting bussinesess, therefore i would recommend you first start reading tutorials, read, read and read.

As for the Server specifications, i would recommend you a 32bit Infrastructure, and maybe a Xeon or i7 CPU with no less than 8GB RAM, You might also consider you budget $200+ /month

Best of luck
/rap

If you're starting out small, perhaps a VPS would suffice, it would mean lower licensing and server costs (you'd also more than likely receive more resources for your money to start with!) and give you a great upgrade path :)

Hello,

You should get a server grade components(not i7, it's sad how people use Desktop machines for servers). I'd suggest you Intel x3440 with 8GB RAM and 2x500GB RAID1 but 2x AMD Opteron 2212HE would be good for the beginning as well. You will also need cPanel/WHM and WHMcs(recommended) licences.

The price for everything would be about $180 a month, it you were ordering from my supplier. It's possible to get 45 days trial cP/WHM and 15 days trial WHMcs licences but it's not very professional IMHO.

Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad should be good enough and will not let you have any problems with load etc,

Comes with 4-8GB Ram and 2 x 500 GB HDD in most DC's

Cost should be around $150~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back