What type of skills do you think a true webmaster should have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A usual webmaster imo should have atleast basic skills of PHP/MySql, JavaScript, HTML/CSS hence atleast in terms of Developing & Designing or what else in between. But the webmaster I regard as the true master, the one who has generosity to help others without being rude & sharing the skills he/she has.

In my opinion, Besides from technical knowlegde(All the other members has already described it) A true webmaster should never ask others to tell them there secrets to earn money, niches. he/she should learn to earn. Should help others,Share tips and never looking into blackhat activities.
Knowlegde of managing blogs,Marketing,SEO is a must to gain knowlegde for every webmaster.

Regards!

Must learn to master all things that entail the web.

Whether it be personal mastering or people surrounding.

A mindset of stone.
Passion.
Drive.
Determination.
Ingenuity.
Uniqueness.
Understanding.
Vision.
Innovation.
Incorporation.
Motivational.
Knowledge.

A true webmaster is a master of all. And even if he himself cannot do the task he has garnished enough respect and a large enough pool of individuals where he can do anything.

The best webmaster is the friendliest one who can make noise both in the dark and in the light. Who can see the future where trends are headed. Who is agile and can adapt. Who can turn nothing into a something.

A webmaster is a master of many trades.

A true webmaster never reveals all of his cards.

A true webmaster can make a difference anywhere at anytime.

Last edited:
I think SEO , commonsense and basic knowledge of HTML,(others programming language),Graphic designing,Affiliates Marketing etc

Must learn to master all things that entail the web.

Whether it be personal mastering or people surrounding.

A mindset of stone.
Passion.
Drive.
Determination.
Ingenuity.
Uniqueness.
Understanding.
Vision.
Innovation.
Incorporation.
Motivational.
Knowledge.

A true webmaster is a master of all. And even if he himself cannot do the task he has garnished enough respect and a large enough pool of individuals where he can do anything.

The best webmaster is the friendliest one who can make noise both in the dark and in the light. Who can see the future where trends are headed. Who is agile and can adapt. Who can turn nothing into a something.

A webmaster is a master of many trades.

A true webmaster never reveals all of his cards.

A true webmaster can make a difference anywhere at anytime.

Could not have stated it better, it doesn't matter which development languages you know, or how good you are at SEO, if you don't have the attitude, the ability to look at the bigger picture and the determination to push forward with the belief that you will knock that ball out of the park, the sad matter of fact is, you'll be making more money on a day job than online! You can learn any skill set, it all just comes down to one thing, the amount of effort you're willing to put in to it.

Every true webmaster should do or know this:
1. linux basic knowledge, how to install and config web server and other things on it.
2. basic php edit
3. basic html, css
4. receive and send money :D

lots

1. HTML
2. PHP
3. SEO
4. Graphic Designing
5. Focus on what you really want to do
6. Open-mindedness and Resourcefulness
7. Knowledge about affiliate programs
8. Uber patience :))

Webmasters need to know a bit of SEO,basic knowledge of stuff and must be dedicated to his work.
There are no shortcuts to success.
its not necessary that a webmaster should know php etc, cms like wordpress and joomla need next to no programming language,
But if you are dedicated to your work, and have patience and hard work, a bit of SEO will be enough for a success of any website.

Webmasters need-
1. Little bit SEO knowledge (link building and keyword targeting is enough).
2. Some basic programming knowledge, not necessary, but would help.
3. Hard work,dedication. Websites often needs several months to become noticeable in SEs.
4. Good hosting with good uptime and fast response.
5. Always remember that content is the king.

Dont need-
1. Extensive programming knowledge. wordpress and other opensource scripts are very easy to use.
2. Dont need to spend money on SEO campaigns,although it can be helpful,but not necessary.
3. Photoshop or graphic editing skills are not required at all. I myself am too bad in GFX. You can always pay someone to do a design, here at WJ many people would do a graphic even for free.

I think all these are good. I'd add that I think this most successful webmasters of the future will have much broader skills that technical. I'd see commercial skills (how to serve other people) and how the web is just a medium for business and that truly appreciating what is valuable for other people - customers, partners and other folk on the web will be far more valuable that the pure web skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back