what should i do?someone from bit defender called me on my mob

Status
Not open for further replies.

House_maniac

what should i do?someone from brein called me on my mob

hello guys as title says someone called me twice from this number 8888820 and told me that they been mailing me with no respond from me,he asked me politely to kindly remove all bit defender post and future bit defender post if i fail to do they shall take legal actions against me to seize domain cybermania.org just wanted to ask you what do you think i should do?

33 comments
infact i didnt add any contact mail they told me they tried to mail me at admin@cybermania.org but i didnt create any mail or added dmca notice on forum so i didn't receive anything infact they call me in the afternoon now he called me again after 5hours.should i remove all bit defender post?

I'd ignore that.. who the hell cares about a site with 158K topics? >_> I mean, they are many bigger forums and they haven't been contacted by them, and also one more thing, how the fuck they got your phone number? I smell some bullshitting here.

well do that and add dmca to forum
bigger forums than yours are doing the same
some of my topics on wbb for ex have been deleted and that is ok
wbb informed me they received dmca notice frrom microsoft for win7 and something so
they deleted it
the way things are going is : you delete nothing until you receive notice
but when you do receive you do delete that topic - and you should be on the safe side - these notices are rare for forums they generaly go to hosters and get deleted
there

I'd ignore that.. who the hell cares about a site with 158K topics? >_> I mean, they are many bigger forums and they haven't been contacted by them, and also one more thing, how the fuck they got your phone number? I smell some bullshitting here.

man its not about a site with 158k topic its about the law just called a friend told me he got the same with his forum warezshares was about karpersky for him infact the guy was telling he is from a company brend or brain something like that. ok thanks all guys i will remove the post just to be on the safe side thanks for the help

that the part i don't know too how the fuck he got my number also i guess someone would be mad to make an international call to joke.well i'm removing bit defender post anyways :)

I would try to pin point where he could've gotten your number.
For me, my number is nowhere to be found on-line. Anywhere.

Try figuring out which company's have your number AND know your sites.
That's the company giving away your "private" information.

Wrong. Just tell them if they have a legal problem to contact their legal department and send you a DMCA request. Tell them you will respond to legal action and tell them not to call you again or your lawyer will get in contact with them. Just act cool.

what should i do?someone from brein called me on my mob

guys infact it was brein and they called me again today.they asked me i got their mail and i said no they asked me do you have a lawyer?i said no but should i contact one they said yes because there are some stuff we will send you by mail etc then i asked them how can we avoid legal procedures he told me to put my forum offline as i'm hosted in the netherland and they could seize my domain if they want.putting my forum offline would prevent them from taking legal action against me.i've put board offline what i want to know is there any place i can host my forum without having to care about brein as they got my details and my details where only on namecheap account.

man its not about a site with 158k topic its about the law just called a friend told me he got the same with his forum warezshares was about karpersky for him infact the guy was telling he is from a company brend or brain something like that. ok thanks all guys i will remove the post just to be on the safe side thanks for the help

Well warezshares got a DMCA e-mail for kaspersky, not a call. I received the DMCA and it was a pretty polite one.

yes ghost told me but they told me they never call anyone its just that i was not responding to their mail so they decided to call me.well can i bring back forum?they told me if had a lawyer thats the freaking part also i don't how the fuck they got my details as i put my genuine info on namecheap account which is who is protected :S

do rempve those post
add DMCA notice on the forum
as soon as u get notice take down threads
use bot for best practises as wbb does

and wtf ru serious about ph call?

nops its not real one.well i mean there are bigger forums why the fuck they called me :S

@immu yes they called me they told me that they were trying to contact me by mail but i never got any email from them here is the number 8888820.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back