What should be PC configuration ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worlockt

Hi Guys,

I am thinking to buy a new CPU for my browsing thrust.

Here is my daily usage:

Windows 10 Pro
7-8 chrome web page active.
All basics application installed on machine.
2 IM ( skype+1)
I do use daily around 14hrs continuous usage in a non-ac room temp. around 41° ( in summer ).

What PC configuration should be ideal for me ? Should i place extra fan for cooling ?

12 comments
You only need better hardware is you use your PC for gaming.

I would think any CPU 4 core or better and 8GB or more of ram + SSD drive would keep you happy.
But when buying PC hardware its always wise to buy the best you can afford.

You can add some extra fans, I would recommend a fan controller so they run at minimal speed when not needed.

You can add some extra fans, I would recommend a fan controller so they run at minimal speed when not needed.

Well i am planning on CPU only around 40000 INR ( USD 600 ), Here i tried to collect my config.

Processor : Intel Core i7-2700K
Motherboard: Intel DQ67OW
RAM: Transcend TS1GSK64W6H 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM x2 ( total 16GB )
PSU: Corsair VS550 550 W
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 120 GB

Suggest me your change and what reason or better upgrade ...

Thanks

Browsers are memory hungry applications; you'll need more RAM instead of a better CPU if your primary purpose is multi-tabbed browsing. Go for 32GB instead of 16, and get a bigger capacity SSD for OS/browser/core applications. Once you get used to an SSD, it's nearly impossible to fall back to using a conventional HDD.

Browsers are memory hungry applications; you'll need more RAM instead of a better CPU if your primary purpose is multi-tabbed browsing. Go for 32GB instead of 16, and get a bigger capacity SSD for OS/browser/core applications. Once you get used to an SSD, it's nearly impossible to fall back to using a conventional HDD.

Unfortunately i can not upgrade RAM in current one as it comes with max 4gb ( board limit )
it is 8 yrs old PC.
So now looking for some advance machine.

Anybody can suggest my above configuration is good or need to change something.

Well i am planning on CPU only around 40000 INR ( USD 600 ), Here i tried to collect my config.

Processor : Intel Core i7-2700K
Motherboard: Intel DQ67OW
RAM: Transcend TS1GSK64W6H 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM x2 ( total 16GB )
PSU: Corsair VS550 550 W
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 120 GB

Suggest me your change and what reason or better upgrade ...

Thanks

this cpu cost 600 usd ? thats way too much , or you mean the whole pc ?

anyway for browsing and more advanced tasks this setup will be enough

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250BW) 8,000
Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Motherboard 8,000
Intel Core i5 7500 17,000
HyperX FURY Black 8 GB 2133 MHz CL14 DIMM DDR4 Internal Memory 5,000
Corsair Carbide Series 100R CC-9011075-WW Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 3,500
Corsair VS Series VS450 - 450 Watt SMPS 3,000

These are great specs for the price, and will enable you for 4k, VR and the whole 9 yards if need be, not just for browsing normal content. All of it should land at around 40,000 I think.

Last edited:
I have experience of using my personal laptop. More usage as compared to yours. Temprature vary, mostly its very high Temprature.
My machine is Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 i7 with 16GB Ram, 250GB SSD etc....
This machine is made for gaming, so it can handle non-gamers or professional's task pretty nicely.
Its body feels hot at sometime because of high temprature but never affects its internal hardware components or overall performance.

Apple's Mac is also a good option as most of the professional including our team like it because of its stability.

As stated in previous post, you don't need a poweful CPU for the activity you seem to have. Look into AMD solutions as they tend to be cheaper than Intel. If you stay with Intel an i3 would be enough and if you want to have a bit more punch you can look into an i5.

As you use multiple browser windows, and I suspect with a few tabs on each, you main focus will be RAM. 8gb is normally okay for most usage, though I have a lot of browsers with many tabs open all the time and I had to go to 24Gb to be at ease (I have in average 3 different browsers open at all time with 3 to 5 windows each and 25 to 40 tabs on each windows. With all that I more or less use between 35% and 75% of my 24Gb RAM)
In average 1 tab in Chrome = 100Mo of RAM, can go up to 300Mo if the page is loaded, not well coded, etc. FF uses a little less it seems but you're in the same ballpark.
If you have a lot of browser usage, remember to install the 64bit version of the browsers so it uses more than 4Gb of RAM before crashing. Chrome and FF have good stable 64bits versions.

Rest of the config will have little to no impact on your type of usage, take a little GPU for the fun and do take a SSD for you OS drive, will make life so much faster ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back