What resolution do you built your website around?

The Vote

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
20 comments
Ed, Resolutions do not come as a square, the importance of using athe best possible resolution is to have a content fold, so that users who come to your website can see the main content straight away without scrolling!

You need to rethink your designing standards I think.

I always use BlueprintCSS so 920px fixed width centered, I dont really concern myself with height.

22% 1280 × 800
15% 1280 × 1024
14% 1680 × 1050
14% 1440 × 900
9% 1920 × 1080
8% 1024 × 768
6% 1366 × 768
3% 1920 × 1200

Screen stats for Warez-DnB

If I make sites with fixed width, for width I use 1000px, and height will increase as content is added.
Why I use that resolution? Because a lot of user have it as minimum on their computers, and for people with bigger resolution they can see some nice pattern in background (all my sites is centered).

I think better question is: what width is someone using when creating fixed sites, because I don't see what role height have.

If I make sites with fixed width, for width I use 1000px, and height will increase as content is added.
Why I use that resolution? Because a lot of user have it as minimum on their computers, and for people with bigger resolution they can see some nice pattern in background (all my sites is centered).

I think better question is: what width is someone using when creating fixed sites, because I don't see what role height have.
ya, I'll try 1000px (Width) first :)

Usually I aim for 800x600 to cater for all users, and make it a scalable width (to a certain extent) for users with bigger monitors :)

I use 1024x768 on my monitor, like most of the people according to many many statistics i have, and i must say i see a lot of pages that are annoyingly big and need scrolling.. Im pretty sure they dont get many returning visitors, not everybody knows the control-scroll function.
I always use 1024. Nice poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back