What Means google webmaster Target country

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedanta

i changed my target country to india . because my content belongs for india . but what really means Target country . is my site will not show on search on other countery

3 comments
Google Search will still show your site in all other countries.
My experience says that selecting a country will allow Search Engine to give preference to your site in that particular region. But still it all depends on the overall ranking/authority of your site in the search results of Google Search Engine which depends of many other factors.
As far as i have experienced, it has no major effect on search ranking of your site in that region, rather it is of minor importance at the moment. It might get serious in coming days, who knows :heiligenschein:
It is recommended that targeted region should only be selected if you are 100% percent sure that the targeted users are in that particular country only, otherwise leave it as international and let the Search Engine decide the targeted regions for your site :whistling:

i changed my target country to india . because my content belongs for india . but what really means Target country . is my site will not show on search on other countery

Your site will be shown on all search engine, however with your setting target to India, Google will prioritize your site in local search. Don't worry about that.

Google webmaster target country means targeting the specific country for your business and Google priotize your site on the specific location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back