What do you seach in a hosting company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komshir

Good day everyone,

I am a proud founder & co-owner of a Israeli hosting company. We offering high quality services such as web hosting, resellers, vps, domains, dedicated servers and even backup servers for a reasonable price.

In the past few weeks we decided to move towards the worldwide(most-part European) market and expand our costumers base and our high quality services.

Before we start offering services, we want to know from you, the "worldwide market" if you will, what do you except from an High quality hosting company?

Before you say 24/7 phone and mail support, don't worry, we got it covered :139:

Thank you for your attention.

16 comments
Good day everyone,

I am a proud founder & co-owner of a Israeli hosting company. We offering high quality services such as web hosting, resellers, vps, domains, dedicated servers and even backup servers for a reasonable price.

In the past few weeks we decided to move towards the worldwide(most-part European) market and expand our costumers base and our high quality services.

Before we start offering services, we want to know from you, the "worldwide market" if you will, what do you except from an High quality hosting company?

Before you say 24/7 phone and mail support, don't worry, we got it covered :139:

Thank you for your attention.

Hello,

First of all i welcome you to web hosting business, and the answer to your question is ,
1. You should be able to give your clients the what they ask for, and you be able to install any necessary addon which is necessary for your client for their web application to run on your servers.
2. Your servers have to be at least 99.7 up time for all the servers.
3. Your email servers should be well equipped with spam filters, so that your mail domain dont get hacked, and the spool is not full, which can be bad for the business.
4. Everything else should be up to date because nowadays hosting business is very hard, and there is too much competition.

these are the main points i told you and there are many others which have to be taken care very carefully.

I wish you best of luck and have a great business.

Now most of the hosting companies providing 24/7 support by live chat and ticketing. Other than that we should provide exact solution to the customers problem. Some of the support team will not listen to customers problem. Response time is an another important factor, respond as soon as possible. Some support team has some canned response like "We are checking this" Don't use this kind of reply. Check the issue and give what we have found and what we can do.

Very high uptime, stabilty, reliability, professional management (they should know what they are doing) and good customer support.

choosing keywords as site domain is the best. For example- I have a site on Anime and it's a media & entertainment industry. So my site name Animeida, Anime + meida - don't go though the language - Google doesn't care. Only care the keywords people typing on Google. I think it will helpful for all businesses including your hosting site.

Thanks

- Honesty. For instance, if your provider screw something up and try to cover this up with a lie to try and prevent themselves from looking 'bad', this isn't good at all. Though, this point does apply to 99% of businesses.

- Stable network connectivity. Even if your server is self-managed and you're a brilliant sysadmin, a stable network is a must.

- Decent pricing. Some providers know how to charge an arm and a leg, and, if you know the hosting industry, you'll know the cost of hardware and rack space, it's easy to spot when a provider is charging far more than they should be.

Support isn't important to me. I can manage my own servers..having said that, if there's a problem which requires physical server intervention, or something out of my control, it's helpful to have a responsive crew backing you :)

The things that normally a client would look out for in a web hosting company are -

1. Customer care - live chat/email/promptness of technical assistance.
2. Cost of plans and the discounts offered
3. The uptime and downtime
4. Disk space/bandwidth/number of websites allowed to host
5. Security measures taken by the web host to prevent attacks on the websites.
6. Location of the servers

Good luck with your hosting business! :)

Honestly, I believe, what people look for is different. A lot of people look for: Uptime, high prices (some believe it shows quality), reviews of the host, support response time and a lot of people are attracted to the host by the look of their website.

While others look for: How long the host has been up and established, cheap prices, server specs, speeds and quality.

It honestly just depends on the person that is searching. You can't reel them all in. You should pick a niche' and stick with it. Focus on the most important factors, such as: Support, Server Quality, Ethics and stuff like that. Then slowly implement more stuff to widen your niche'.

That is just my $0.02. Hope it all works out for you!

The most important things to look for is quality of service and availability of the host. The other equally important features of a good host that can be consider are security, backup services, server monitoring, spam filtering and 99.9% server uptime guarantee. Good host will provide 24/7 customer support. Will have hosting plans that are flexible that customer can upgrade/downgrade according to his requirements and with add on option available. Hosting plans should include most of the hosting features.

When you selecting the good host first of all, you should check the infrastructure, function, check them to a control panel to manage your hosts. More importantly, how they are professional that will lead your business to success.Its better to research and make a checklist of the features and compare the hosting providers and their services & You should choose hosting based upon the space that you need,amount of traffic your site will get and other such factors. After checking all , I have been using thewebpole.com as my web host for over two years now and have been very very impressed with them.It is cheap, but it is really professional.,you can go with them on a monthly basis .I host all my sites At the time of signup, you can pick the best hosting plan for you, and select a web hosting data center to get ultra fast website load times. Also you can choose your new blog ,cms , web galary or e-store to be readily set up for you before you even log in!

When you selecting the good host first of all, you should check the infrastructure, function, check them to a control panel to manage your hosts. More importantly, how they are professional that will lead your business to success.Its better to research and make a checklist of the features and compare the hosting providers and their services & You should choose hosting based upon the space that you need,amount of traffic your site will get and other such factors. After checking all , I have been using thewebpole.com as my web host for over two years now and have been very very impressed with them.It is cheap, but it is really professional.,you can go with them on a monthly basis .I host all my sites At the time of signup, you can pick the best hosting plan for you, and select a web hosting data center to get ultra fast website load times. Also you can choose your new blog ,cms , web galary or e-store to be readily set up for you before you even log in!

Sounds somewhat biased...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back